Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Hotel Christina, La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has any body stayed Chalet Hotel Christina, La Plagne here with Mark Warner? Would you mind letting me know what you thought of it? Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickyJ, The best positioned chalet hotel I have ever stayed at. It was a long time ago but it was pretty basic. Had a terrific stay there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Frosty the Snowman, I am more than happy with basic main concerns are being able to have two rooms which interconnect or a family suite with 2 rooms and Childcare.

Any body used their Childcare?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, we had a baby with us and the care was great. The lobby was always full of yummy mummies unable to leave their screaming spoilt brats. We barely broke trot as we lobbed ours through the door on our way out. MW childcare is generally very good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ, we stayed there Xmas 2008: me (ancient dad) sharing with (then) 17 year old son, and daughter (20) sharing with boyfriend. We had a great time. Friendly staff, good food, games room with pool and table football, and Scotty's bar underneath (very popular lively bar, but never caused any disturbance). No idea about child care, and ask Mark Warner about interconnecting rooms - they are usually most helpful if you call them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank both especially for the reassurance about Scottys bar that was a slight concern.

On the Childcare front, Frosty, how did the evenings work for you? With Esprit they did an early evening meal 5-6pm for the children and we put the girls to bed and signed them in the baby listening service to then go down for Our evening meal. Is there an option like this?

Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ, pretty sure MW no longer do in room baby listening since Madeleine McCann, they run an evening creche I think with all the kids either asleep or watching dvds etc. Or they do chargeable in room babysitting.

We haven't skied with MW but have done a summer holiday with them and felt the childcare was really great.

Can I ask why you are looking at alternatives to Esprit? Just that you have been so very pro Esprit on several threads so I was surprised to see you asking about MW.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stayed there four times in the past three years, love the place.

Decor is a bit tired but the staff, food and location are all brilliant.

Their childcare is highly-recommended, my (then) 4-year-old nephew loved it.

They do a 5pm meal for the kids, then there's a supervised room for them to watch a DVD/fall asleep while the parents have dinner later.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Piccadilly wrote:
Stayed there four times in the past three years, love the place.

Decor is a bit tired but the staff, food and location are all brilliant.

Their childcare is highly-recommended, my (then) 4-year-old nephew loved it.

They do a 5pm meal for the kids, then there's a supervised room for them to watch a DVD/fall asleep while the parents have dinner later.

Thanks For that. Did that work for your nephew? I am struggling to imagine my daughters falling asleep with a room full of other kids? We tried to get them to go to sleep round a friends house one evening which DID not work at all and they were still awake at 9pm when we left.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, If ypu are on Twitter both Scottysbar and Hotel Christina are very active Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No I am not on Twitter, what sort of things at being said?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ wrote:

Thanks For that. Did that work for your nephew? I am struggling to imagine my daughters falling asleep with a room full of other kids? We tried to get them to go to sleep round a friends house one evening which DID not work at all and they were still awake at 9pm when we left.

Yep, I think it worked for most of the kids. After a day running around in the cold air and/or skiing they're shattered!

It doesn't matter if they don't fall asleep, there's a DVD to watch.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's good to hear, thanks for the feedback.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anybody booked the "mini apartment" in this accommodation? Is it a two room suite?

Many thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy