Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Bernard Tunnel - Switzerland to Italy down to Aosta

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Travelling to Aosta valley in a couple of weeks, surveyed my route and travelling down through Switzerland through the St Bernard Tunnel into Italy.
Tunnel De Grand St Bernard as its known..
Checked out all the prices on there website which looks quite reasonable compard to Mt Blanc Tunnel but also understand it is quite a bit shorter.
Any recommendations on purchasing my ticket, do I do it online or when I get there? Are there any major queues ? (dependant on weather of course)
Heard of speed cameras in Mt Blanc tunnel, are there any in St Bernard..?
Appreciate any feedback.....Thanks snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simon94, feed your passengers loads of mushrooms before you go through it's awesome. Some fabulous skiing to be had just after you exit the tunnel and if you have touring gear before you enter. Can't help with prices, sorry, always had a book of 10 trips. Not the best place to be speeding BTW.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll need a swiss motorway vignette..speed cameras no idea..but more then likey somewhere on the route.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

You'll need a swiss motorway vignette

vignette plus return ticket for the tunnel is 86 swiss francs - which might make the Mont Blanc tunnel competitive.

I would sincerely hope there are speed cameras and strong enforcement in all the tunnels. I wouldn't like to die in a fire in there.....

There are also compulsory separation zones between vehicles in the tunnels I've done (San Gottardo, which is included in the Swiss vignette, Mont Blanc and Frejus). Which also only have one lane in each direction. You cannot overtake and anyone who tailgates is a fool.

(there's also a minimum speed limit in some of the tunnels; quite a narrow permitted speed window).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Simon94, the swiss police are the nastiest sons of bitches on this planet. Don't even think of speeding in their tunnels, or anywhere else in switzerland for that matter!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys for all the info......not sure about the mushrooms though!!?
Already purchased my vignette online, so no issues on that front.
Plan to ski the Italian side in Crevacol, so thanks for the recommendation parlor. Will keep an eye on my speed.....already heard rumours about the police and the fines they dish out.
Looks like it'll be buying the ticket at the tunnel entrance...didn't want to get stuck in any horrendous queue's if its feasible to do it all before, but think it'll be a quick stop/break to admire the scenery if the clouds have cleared.
Thanks again
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Simon94, we don't use the C-word on the internet. If it's been snowing it will go off. PM me if you need the mushrooms. (That's a little joke BTW).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy