Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants 3V and St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to the 3 Vallees next weekend for a week (counting the days!). Staying self-catering in St Martin and looking for some recommendations for restaurants in the evenings in St Martin, and good ones for lunch up on the pistes. We're a group of early intermediates who love food and wine but prefer not to be fleeced, and also prefer to eat where the locals do.
Many thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Headed to Meribel on Wed too so would also be interested. I am expecting to get absolutely ripped off both on piste and in the town, but I assume there will still be somewhere for a pizza / burger / mountain food fare for 10 - 14 euro?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My favourite lunch place near St Martin de Belleville is on the Biolley blue run on the way to St Martin and it's called Restraurant La Loy.Very friendly service and reasonably priced. And the food is really good. You also get (usually) a free Genepy as well Blush
I usually ski all the way from the top ( les 3 Marches ) via the Grand Lac then the Pelozet and stop in the middle of the Biolley for lunch. These are wide and beautiful blue runs with wonderful landscape.
Alternatively, there is a restaurant (can't remember its name Embarassed ) at the bottom of the Biolley. After you ski through the small tunnel, turn right as opposed to skiing straight down to the bubble lift stop. It's the first thing you notice as there is nothing else apart from the button lift.
Tips: book before you go to La Loy or go early as it has become very popular. I think their website also says that you can dine there and if you book a table they will come to pick you up.
Hope it helps
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Grand Lac restaurant (on the blue piste down from top of chairlift above St Martin to Les Menuires) is nice and not as expensive as some - lunch only of course, not dinner

We also like Restaurant La Loy - tend to stop off there on the last run of the day down into St Martin.

The farm at Chatelard is fantastic - you must book early. Farm produce - no choice.

A good value eaterie where locals eat is Restaurant Barillon at Villarly (on the road up from Moutiers, just before you reach St Jean de Bellevill). REally good value, much cheaper than in the resorts.Their set menu is very good value.

La Voute and Eterlou in the centre of St Martin are reliable and good. Les Montagnards is said to be very nice but expensive I think
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some great suggestions there, thanks all. Will do a full trip report on my return.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is the thread you need. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83699
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

This is the thread you need. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83699

Super, getting hungry already...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy