Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closest ski hire shop to Altiport Chalets Alpe d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello all

am planning to order skis online for some of our group and wondered if anyone can recommend ski hire shop closest to the altiport chalest where we will be staying? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't recommend anywhere but incase you're not familiar with the area your looking for Ski hire in Les Bergers area (which you prob already know). I can think of at least 2 around the shopping area which are pretty large and looked like they get a lot of custom, however that area is busy with day trippers (lots of parking).

Not much help really!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Manicpb said, there are several ski shops in the Les Bergers shopping complex (indoor shopping complex at the base of the lifts whcih are closets to the Altiport). There are two skisets - a SkiSet and a SkiSet Henri Sports or something like that and I think a few more. Google ski hire in Les Bergers and you should find some choices.

The wait in SkiSet Henri Sports was MASSIVE when we went the week before Christmas so unless you are going a feb half term week or want a particular set of equipment it might be best ot just pop down and see which shop has the smallest queue. Thats what the others in our chalet did and they were done about half an hour before my boyfriend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above, nearest hire shops are the ones in the Bergers complex. We were in one of the altiport chalets (Ariane 2) over Xmas and we walked down to Bergers with our boots in boot bags, hired skis, out our shoes in boot bags, took the chair outisde Bergers and skied back to the chalet dropping off our boot bags as we passed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks very much for the replies. Higs, I think we are staying in the Ariane chalet - how did you rate them? How long did it take to walk to Bergers (I have had various reports from 10-25 minutes) and do you know if there are any lockers near the bergers area? Thanks again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We enjoyed our stay in the Ariane2.

Alex is a relaxed, natural host for a young lad (he's only 19). The ski in/out is excellent.

Catering is good, but not excellent - tbh we were looking at three different chalets when we booked and picked this one 'cos we like AdH and for the ski in/out. I didn't realise we'd booked a 'premium' catered chalet until I checked the booking a few days before we'd left. If I'd booked it expecting luxury I'd have been disappointed. Don't get me wrong the food was all very nice and tasty but a simple canape and a shot of cheap brandy/genepi after dinner does not make it 'premium' in my eyes.

Make sure the hot tub's working - it was working for the first two days we were there but after that something went wrong (one of the 'jet' settings stopped working and something was obviously wrong with the filtration (smelly water) so we stayed out of it.

I never timed the walk down to the Bergers but I'd say it's closer to 10/15 mins than 25. There is a bus ('Citron' in the day and 'Nocturne' ay night). I used to walk down and then get the bus back, either from Bergers (with a tour of AdH) or Eterlous direct.

Higs
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you still need ski hire in Bergers go to Cyril Sports. They have a website for advance orders and deliver to the altiport chalets: great people who really know their job!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used intersport rent at the Berger area when we stayed at altiport last year. The shop was very helpfull, I canged skis with no questions after a couple of days after a good dump of snow. I must admit, im glad Im not hiring this year as it is a bit of a trek back up after dropping gear off.I will be able to ski back to our door and not have to return skis this year Cool

PS dont try and walk up the piste after a 'few' beers if you go out on chefs night off, its easy to get lost, stick to the road. I would say it takes about 30 mins up the piste and a bit longer up the road.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad this came up - I had the same question Happy

Quick online search from the ADH site showed sport 2000 and intersport having shops in bergers, but will check out Cyril - thanks Kathy Pet
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy