Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad chip on topsheet - through to core

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I damaged my ski quite badly towards the end of my week skiing last year, I didn't think too much of it at the time but looking at it more closely this year, I think it probably ought to be repaired in some way. It was a bad tear to the top sheet, that has gone right through to the wood core.

I've done some hunting around, and it seems that "Epoxy" is my best bet. I'm not particularly au fait with this and just wondering if any snowheads have had to do a similar repair and have any advice on how to do it? I'm off to Austria on Friday so if repairs didn't involve exotic materials that would be all the better!

Would this be any good, for instance?
Halfords Link

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 1-11-13 16:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For "epoxy" read Araldite - and not the rapide variety.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Altis,

I take it, this would do a better job?
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_174578_langId_-1_categoryId_255230
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magicrichard, One of our resident experts Spyderjon recommends this stuff ---> Araldite 2011 Adhesive for this sort of repair (waterproof, slow cure epoxy, same stuff you use for putting in quiver killer binding mounts), ping him a mail and see if he can ship some to you quickly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Windymiller, Thanks, I've emailed him now to see what he can do.

Those quiver killer binding mounts look interesting too.... Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard, a few years ago I had a big piece of topsheet removed from a ski during transit. I just filled it in with Araldite 2011 (which I had got from Spyderjon). It's held OK since then. I also read somewhere on here that you can add nail varnish to the epoxy when mixing it, in order to try and get the colour to match your topsheet. Of course this may make you look less gnarly/more girly.

And Quiver Killers are brilliant. They save on bindings, you can get more skis in your bag, mount different bindings on the same ski i.e. Dukes and Dynafits, and can also have holes for different BSLs on the same ski. I wouldn't have a flat ski without them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy