Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les arcs on piste restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
having been to peissey-vallandry several times , we are re-visiting this year with a big group , 18 x families all booked into L'Arollaie in Plan peissey .We all ski/board separately and are all of different levels but we like to have a number of " base " restaurants where we head for and are likley to bump into each other .There are a few restaurants that people have mentioned are worthwhile popping into , La vache , Poudresse and Altiport . I have got a piste map to hand but can not locate these places .Can someone give some directions or maybe some other suggestions of good places to stop .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the risk of highjacking this topic, I'd also love to know which restaurants does the best onion soup!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gwatts10 wrote:
having been to peissey-vallandry several times , we are re-visiting this year with a big group , 18 x families all booked into L'Arollaie in Plan peissey .We all ski/board separately and are all of different levels but we like to have a number of " base " restaurants where we head for and are likley to bump into each other .There are a few restaurants that people have mentioned are worthwhile popping into , La vache , Poudresse and Altiport . I have got a piste map to hand but can not locate these places .Can someone give some directions or maybe some other suggestions of good places to stop .

La Vache - Bottom of the Parchey Lift in Plan-Peisey. Left most building in this photo (which was taken before the lift was installed). Lovely place

Poudresse - just down from the top of the vallandry lift (74)

Altiport - Next to the water slide (near the snowpark between 1600 and 1800) - however I much prefer the arpette which is the lower of the two in that area, and has loads of capability to deal with very big groups (although get there early / late on peak weeks)

I'd also recommend: -

Chalet Des Arcs - Above Arc 2000 below the top of Marmottes - It's actually the highest bakery in the alps and has a choice of eating options. Inside the main room is the 'formal dining' and doesn't really feel like an on-mountain restaurant. Great range of food and a set menu for 25 euro will fill you up, and slow you down for the afternoon. Popular with ESF La Plagne instructors when entertaing Russian clients, although to don't need to be an oligarch to eat there. Try the 'chausson de boulangerie' which is something between a stuffed bread and a pasty, hot, tasty and very filling. Downstairs theres more of a snack bar setup thought I didn't use it myself. Good outside options. BOOKING RECOMMENDED for peak weeks

Chez Eux (Arc 2000)
Opposite lanchettes lift, best in decent weather as can sit outside and soak up the sun. Does huge & good pizzas - can be shared too.

Le Solan - Right next to the Vanoise Express lift station in Plan-Peisey. Possibly a little pricy as 'bottom of the hill'
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm a chalet host and you can't beat my onion soup Happy im working in les arcs 2000.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in La Plagne last week and spent a few days over in Les Arcs. Didn't do a proper lunch stop, but had a few drinks breaks. Liked the Blanche Muree (near the Transarcs mid-station, on the blue loop to the right (as you look at the piste map). Liked the views from the place at the top of the Transarcs lift, but it got quite busy (and this was in a quiet week).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dmarts, As most of the Les Arcs crowd seem to spend a lot of time skiing the offpiste in La Plagne, the Les Inversens cafe (just down from Roche de Mio) serves a wicked onion soup.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy