Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Juggling baggage, is there any airline that does this sensibly?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently had to get information from two different tour operators over what our actual baggage allowances were in terms of both number of bags and weight. Looks like it's mostly the airlines causing this pain, but it would be good if the tour operators negotiated sensible luggage for their customers. The way I see it you'd ideally be able to take 3 bags - a ski bag, a boot bag and a normal suitcase, with a sensible overall weight. The airlines definitely don't see it like that. It seems that these days people do some sort of combination of putting their boots into their main bag and then juggling the various weights of their bags by shifting kit around - t-shirts into ski bag, take a bunch of stuff on the plane with you as hand luggage etc.

I found this fairly useful page on the Crystal website detailing the deal with a bunch of different airlines. http://www.crystalski.co.uk/snow-extras/baggage-allowance . I think that for the most part that will reflect the airlines' general policies, but no guarantees (it might just be the deal that Crystal have struck with them)

What are your experiences with this? Are there many (any?) airlines that actually treat their customers well?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
duncang wrote:
What are your experiences with this? Are there many (any?) airlines that actually treat their customers well?

Swiss - 1 luggage bag of 20 or 23 Kg (slightly unclear) plus 'skiing equipment' so can have separate ski bag and boot bag... no additional charge. Ski kit can weigh upto 23 Kg. Can have a single board bag instead of ski kit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tour operators don't WANT you to take your own equipment. They prefer to get a (bigger) cut from the hire shop.
Therefore tour operators (at least the big boys) WON'T make it crystal(!) clear as that is not in their interest.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swiss were fine at Christmas.

Suitcase, boot bag & Skis. (Bargain if you can get the sub £100 flights)

Flying them again next week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy