Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ride Capo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone:

I bought a pair of Ride Capo bindings a few months ago, and after only 10 days on the snow they are falling apart.
The Chassis is execllent and responsive, but all the other movable parts or sections prone to wear, are disintegrating.
The quality of materials used is shockingly bad.

The shame is that I actually love them as they are v responsive.

Can anyone recommend a freeride binding that is as responsive, but better built.

I had my eye on Union Charger but unfortunately Union are a sizeist company and discriminate against those with small feet by not manufacturing bindings smaller than a M/L size.
I have also considered Burton bindings, but as far as I can see they do not offer a Wedgie (Canted) footbed on any of their bindings (feel free to correct me guys if that's not correct).
And I hate the Flow system.

So, Ride, Union, Burton and Flow are out. That leaves manufacturers like Rome, K2 etc..

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Rez.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have K2 company 2012/13 bindings which seem ok so far having used them for 6 months, canted 3 degrees and offer excellent response although they do transfer a lot of vibration/feel through them also as they only have minimal dampening with a thin layer of harshmellow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx for that.
I was just reading up on K2 Company and what i found out is that they also make another model called the Company IPO which is supposed to be their best yet.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any retailers that sell them. They are rearer than hen's teeth.

as for the standard Company binding, I don't mind the vibration as long I can really thrash the snow and link turns quickly. What's your opinion ?

THX, R
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've tried them on a couple of boards and they give you a good amount of control, I would definitely recommend them for that. Much more responsive than the Ride ones my friend was using. The one thing I don't like is that there is minimal padding on the straps so they don't feel that comfortable/forgiving if you're trying to play about (butters/jumps etc). I've not seen the IPO, I was under the impression when I bought mine that they were one of K2's all singing all dancing so they obviously found something needed improvement.

Everything apart from the angle of them can be changed without tools (always a bonus) and the XL's that I got can easily fit boots much bigger than my size 10.5, including the width.

Its all personal preference though, I don't know how better to describe them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thx again.

Have you any experience with NOW bindings, that use a kind of a Hinge system ?
http://now-snowboarding.com/

R,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy