Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La plagne Glacier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if the Glacier will be open for this winter after the fire.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The latest estimate, as of last night, was "early January".

Things going according to plan, was speaking to someone working on the site. All damaged/burnt equipment/buildings stripped or demolished, reconstruction about to get under way...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But in my somewhat limited experience of LP (4 or 5 visits), they don't always open the glacier area even when the lifts are OK and the weather is good. I've never been able to figure out the 'logic' of when the Glacier is opened. I'd always assumed they were saving it for the summer - but it never opened this year even before the fire damage.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, I was about to say - yes it did open because I was on it - but then I realised that you ment over this summer. I was up there at the end of March.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was open when I was there first week Jan last season. Best decent (in fact nearly the only) snow in resort. bug of a hike to get to it tho.... Which rather explains why the lifts accessing it are often closed in poor weather.

Having skied it, I can see why the slopes/lifts to it are often closed even in good weather - it's not *that* big to start with (c.f, say, Tignes), and it attracted a LOT of attention while I was there. I imagine that under normal conditions it could get skied out and ruined very quickly even during winter but for, er hem, the strategic resort "management" of it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Manda, I think you've cracked it. They open it in winter only when there is little snow elsewhere. If there is plenty of scope, then they seem to keep it closed. Mostly. Maybe ??
lampbus, yes that's what I meant. Sorry my post wasn't worded too well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy