Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips/Pointers for buying a ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking at buying either a single or double ski bag as I've just bought my first skis and my wife may buy some as well. Anyway I started to wonder what features I should really look for in a ski bag, so any comments appreciated. FYI, I'd prefer to keep the spend to £30 for a single and £60 for a double. I'm also conscious of the luggage weight, so I'm not sure wheeled bags would be good in this respect.

I had looked at the Trespass Fugitize bags, as they were cheap but seemed to have padding, which some more expensive bags don't. Thoughts on these also appreciated.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a tresspass double ski bag. I needed any 'recognized ski bag' to get my 1 pair of skis to france, It was £15 from amazon and is lightly padded. For the price its great, I managed to fit my skis, poles, jacket, sallopettes and I wrapped my skis in my duvet and a pillow! I'm impressed with the quality for the price.

What to look for? I don't know really, I just wanted to get my skis there and wasn't too worried about padding as I was planning to wrap my duvet around them anyway. Mind you for £7 from asda you could get a duvet purely for ski padding then the bag doesn't matter!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i bought a cheap trespass double bag last year ; used it once with one pair of skis and was fine
Will stick 2 sets in this year in jan and i'll let you know

personally i bought cheap on eth basis that it's 1 or 2 trips most per year, when you see most ski bags at airports they've take a lot of battering,and hence i've been put off expensive luggage - my decision was to pad out teh inside with lots of bubble wrap and underwear (it's ok i'm a bloke !) - it's cheaper than expensive graphics
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got a HEAD double ski bag with wheels, very light, which is important if you only want to pay for 1 ski carriage and put 2 pairs in the bag. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pokemon, I have one of these: www.dakine.com/ski/bags/ski-bags/fall-line-double

Ideal and have done quite a few trips with 2 pairs of skis/pair of boots. Go for the Concourse double if you want extra padding and some more features.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a Trespass ski bag too, bought recently along with a Trespass boot bag for £25 for both. It definitely seems sturdier and more padded than my other option which was the cheap own brand Wedze bags from Decathlon. Pretty sure I could fit two pairs of skis and poles in the bag, but doubt I'll ever get the chance to try!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the comments. At least no-one has said the Trespass bag is rubbish, which I take as a seal of approval.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pokemon, I have the K2 double ski bag, its padded and am happy with it, takes 2 pairs of skies plus poles without any problems
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, I bought one of these, http://www.lokker.co.uk/ski-bags/ , just before Christmas, gmy snowboard and boots into it and quite a few clothes too. Go the rest into my hand luggage so only one hold bag. My sisters just taken it off on her ski trip with both her and her boyfriends skis in it. Can thorughly recommend, very well constructed padded bag.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just noticed they have a January discount code posted on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/SKI_LOKKER
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a K2 single ski bag, cost about £25 and the padding is great on it. I had a Salomonn one, which I have discovered is great for heading to ChillFactore as it's not that padded, but was a bit worried about putting it on the plane as it was a bit tissue paper like! Got it from www.skibartlett.com
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sev112 wrote:

- my decision was to pad out teh inside with lots of bubble wrap and underwear (it's ok i'm a bloke !) - it's cheaper than expensive graphics

As a bloke - how much padding can the single pair of undies needed for a ski trip provide wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy