Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South West England Ski (Helmet) Shop Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in the South West (the closer to Bath the better) that stocks a decent number of helmets?
I visited Nevisport, Snow&Rock, Cotswolds up in the North East over Christmas and they had quite a limited selection.

I'm looking for something in the £60-80 price range, but mainly something that fits my head and goggles (Crowbar) well.

I've got exams coming up and then heading off to VT, so don't have time to run around visiting places only to find they don't have a wide range of hats... hence any advice would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Cheers, JP

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 7-01-12 20:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is nowhere in Bath.

The nearest place is either Snow & Rock, Sheilds Park Filton or Ellis Brigham Park Street Bristol. There are a few helmets in Cotswold Union Street Bristol
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers 1969jma, might have to take a day out of revision to visit Bristol... Do you know if that EB store stocks quite a few lids? Is it a big shop? I've only visited the one near Covent Garden and that was rather large Shock
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elllis Brigham in Bristol is one of their smallest stores but for sure they will have a good selection of helmets on offer. Westsports in Swindon would be worth a look if your struggling in finding the right thing in Bristol....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sweet, thanks marky. Excellent procrastination!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ellis Brigham in Bristol have 10 - 12 helmets,

Snow & Rock have more
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JP89, Worth a road trip to Christchurch to visit snowtrax who have possibly the largest choice in the country!
http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/helmets-protection/sale-helmets
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got mine in Twoseasons in Bristol and I think they had a decent selection, IIRC.

Between all the shops in Bristol you should be able to get something easily enough.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Out of the price range, but I have a smith vantage that works well with my crowbars. Bought it for lightness and venting abilities which does very well compared to others had such as Giro, Dainese, etc. Figure some of the other smiths should work as well with crowbars.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks a lot for the replies! Lots of options there, just need to find time out of revision to visit some of them. Shouldn't be too hard Wink
Snowtrax look like they've got some pretty decent deals, very tempting...
I'll report back with results!
Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wear a Smith Holt with Crowbars and it works very well. On my noggin, anyway!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know the SW but my experience was that my local snowboard shop (Bucks Boarding Centre in Milton Keynes) offered a much wider range than a ski shop.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So I went to S&R Bristol yesterday and they did have a decent collection (although they were scattered all over the place, nightmare), tried on quite a few and apparently my head is a stupid shape. The Salomon Patrol Custom Air fit the best, and my goggles sat on top nicely.
Has anyone had any experience with this helmet? Unfortunately it's £120, so I'm not going to be able to buy it unless I can find it reduced somewhere! The Sal Brigade Audio was quite nice too, but I'm sure I'd just be paying lots of money for the audio system which, although pretty awesome, realistically won't get used that much. They didn't have any standard Brigade's in stock.
So yeah, predicament. Pay £120, wait to try and find it cheaper, or go somewhere else and look at more stuff... Puzzled
Again, thanks for your replies so far!
JP
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JP89 if that's the one that fits then get googling. A quick search reveals some deals below £100

Or just think of the £40 difference between the £80 you were going to spend and the £120 as merely 8 pints of beer in resort.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JP89, I got a Brigade from Twoseasons near Cabot Circus. Might be worth a shout.
snow report
Tiger2, I shudder at the thought...
The cheapest I've found so far is from Landau for £95 (and that was after a number of refined searches). Lots of the top hits have older models or different colours or it's OOS. I can live with £95, but I've never heard of this site before, and can't find any reviews online. If anyone's used them before, let me know!!! Smile
Thanks bobmcstuff, had a look at their website but they don't seem to have the Custom Air model on there.
snow report
JP89 I've not used them but they have a real shop in Folkestone. Why not give them a call?
snow conditions
Cheers, I ordered it and spoke to a very nice lady at their shop. Free delivery and supposedly arriving tomorrow, awesome service! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy