Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to buy a piste ski, but flat not a system binding, would like a fischer of some sort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking at some slalom style piste skis in about 165 at sport conrad, in particular fischer rc4 superrace and the next one up. But they all come with a system binding with a least 6 mm of ramp between heel and toe, which i would HATE

these http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/7496

and these

http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/20724

I like the light feel of fischers, and had some with a railflex a while ago that only had 3mm of ramp, but they don't do that anymore.....seems to be back to the old day of pitch everyone way forward.

any idea where i can get these without the rail / flowflex or could i shim the flowflex binding toe?

or a similar ski in the flat, i thought perhaps elan, but have never skied them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carroz, might be worth a little look at the storm inferno's, cheap deals were on eBay flat! Seem to of had good reviews!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last time I compared Elans and Fischers slalom skis back to back was a few years ago... Would recommend you demo before buying as they had different feel, Fischers were much more playful than Elans. Both were excellent for their intended purpose, depends on what you like your skis to feel like.

Stockli do flat slalom skis too which I would expect to be closer to Elan than to Fischer on "damp/lively" scale. Superb silky smooth ride.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Turns'n'turns wrote:
Fischers were much more playful than Elans.

Funny how opinions may differ, playful definitely is not a word I'd use to describe most Fishers. But I haven't liked many Elans either Laughing

Stöckli Laser SX is a superb ski on piste! But this comes from a person who generally doesn't like Fischers wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skise, My old RC4 race sc were very very playful, got a bit kicked around when it got rough, world cup sc's were slightly less playful, but endless grip and not much more demanding than Race sc's and didn't get bumped about so much. Both of those was a while ago however.

I think the rc4 superior with flowflex would be able to lift the binding toe as its screwed on, so maybe them? No idea why they have gone to 6mm of difference as it used to be 3mm, which was perfect for me.

edit: after a conversation with a mate in les carroz, he has some shims to suit and screws, so RC4 superiors here we come....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Kastle_GS_Race.html

its a deal, its a steal

look flat, get em to keep the bindings or put em on yourself, GS not SL but get the short uns, Kastle are cool again these days an' all. Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy