Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Womens ski pants - help needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello all

i need some recommendations re ski pants as although i've skied a fair amount, this is the first time i am trying to buy a new pair of ski trousers based on performance and not colour! saying that, i actually want a black pair but i want a decent pair - waterproof and warm - as well as stylish. thought i wanted soft shell but now not so sure, if they are actually not warm or waterproof!

i've been looking at North Face Brinkler stretch pants or Salomon Opel pants. Am willing to pay up to GBP 250 and am a size 10/12 in ski pants.

Recommendations/help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Long distance clara, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
Quote:

Am willing to pay up to GBP 250 and am a size 10/12 in ski pants.

you shouldn't need to pay anything like that. I have three pairs of black ski pants, all waterproof and warm, and none cost anything like that. One (Colombia) was £10 ex-hire and practically new.

Go to TK Maxx and see what they've got. I did try on a simply beautiful pair in TKMaxx one time - they leapt off the rail at me. But they cost £175 and I wasn't in the market at that kind of price! Got my £10 pair instead, in the end, and have worn them for most of 3 seasons.

You might think twice about getting anything TOO warm. Mine are fairly warm, but I wear long johns underneath on cold days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you know the answer to this. try them on and buy the pair that makes your bum look better. north face in my case. the "oh i look good in this" blinded me to the price tag all the way to the credit card bill.
maria.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I'm afraid I'm not near a TKMaxx and only have 2 weeks before we go skiing.

I am 'willing' to pay up to £250 for a really good technical pair - i am not 'trying' to spend that amount! I get cold and have always worn long johns under my ski trousers but I seem to have found it easier finding pairs I like in the past. I haven't been skiing for about 4 years and want to invest in a really good pair - I just can't seem to work out what is good from a technical perspective. Warm waterproof and stylish is all I ask. I suppose I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the tech features and don't know which is good and which isn't. I mean do I want breathable? Soft shell? Gore tex?

Any recommendations would be welcome as I am struggling to find reviews on any of the ski trousers that I am looking at and want to know what people have tried tested and liked.

Thanks!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blacks have 20% off at the moment, theres some Columbia ones on there for about £60 ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Long distance clara, if you're just on a normal skiing holiday I'm not convinced that it's worth paying for technical performance, goretex etc trousers. I do that for upper body clothing, and I make sure I've got a good baselayer on my legs, but after that no, as I'm not planning on standing around in the rain in them, and my legs don't seem to sweat! Are you sure you need anything special? You can always throw a cheap pair in the wash with some wash-in proofing each time you clean them, to boost water proofing. I wonder if you might gain most in terms of warmth through your choice of baselayer/long johns, rather than the trousers?

I bought my second ever pair this year and my first having just been a basic pair from the Spanish equivalent of Decathalon I took the same approach again and bought the most basic from Dare2B. They're not as good as my old ones as they sounded and felt a bit too rustley/plasticy, like putting on a plastic bag in the morning, so I'm not recommending them. However they actually performed fine, and no complaints on comfort so I'll keep on using them. I'd go up a bit look around the Columbia level and save your cash for something else.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's £125 worth of ski trouser going for £40 in Columbia in Gunwharf Quays.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just got some of these and they're brilliant - nicely shaped and very waterproof.
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/shop-snowandrock-61-2-114458.html

I've struggled to find any ski pants before that actually look good but these are a really nice shape.

Having had other ski pants before, I would say to look for a pair with pockets slightly further down the legs (like these) since otherwise if you put anything in your pockets, you bulk out at the waist which isn't terribly flattering.

Not cheap, but then you can pose in the bar after skiing in them. Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowy, nice, but not at that price.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The north face womens go go cargo pant. The o/h swears by them has two pairs so she can still ski when one pair in wash.
And they only cost £100, and they look good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Peter42 - I've been looking at these as they are on sale on S&R. Will go try them on!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Long distance clara, Another vote for the Go Go pant - warm, dry, and quite high at the back to keep snow out. I've seen them in loads of different colours, and I saw some online for quite a discount (though I can't remember where as I was looking for a jacket and trying to forget that I paid full retail for mine Evil or Very Mad ) Google will reveal all, I'm sure.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just treated myself to a new pair of Eider trousers and they are fab.... However I only went for them because of the colour and how slimming they are, typical woman!

I'm not convinced a recreational skier will notice the difference between the bog standard brands and the ultra expensive ones but I'd definitely give a thumbs up to Eider. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Both my ski pants are from Decathlon.
My warm lined ones are their own brand, the other pair are 'Columbia'. Not sure about colour though. Bright colours seem to be in fashion this year, had enough of that in the late 1980' and early 1990's. Also I just waterproof them myself, at least once a year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy