Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what is Tasch like

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is Tasch like? Would you buy an apartment there, for skiiing in Zermatt? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that not something that lives on your top lip!!!! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's 10 minutes ride up from there to Zermatt. It's dominated by a vast carpark, because that's where you park for Zermatt, but they are currently 'burying the carpark' and - I think - putting grass on top.

To be honest, I'd sooner stay in Zermatt Youth Hostel (very well situated, newly modernised, endless interesting people) than have an apartment down the valley. The real thing is where you have to be, IMHO.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've camped & climbed in the summer from Tasch and summer skied in Zermatt, and Tasch is a nice place but a bit of a pain if you're skiing every day. The other problem is I thought the local families pretty much stopped foreigners from buying there - I don't have any recent info on this but I know when my Dad looked into buying a place there he basically was told "no chance mate"!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Plake, there are some new apartments being specfically marketed at foreigners, I've seen the ads.

It's a fairly nondescript wee place, a main street dominated by umpteen garages.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, there's an ad in the current sleazyjet in flight mag that has a picture of the Matterhorn and says something alongg the lines of "ski in Zermatt; apartments available from £250k". Certainly caught my eye until i read the small print and reliased that they were talking about Tasch. Having said that it is only 10 minutes by train, but if you're heading up the valley you then need to get a bus or a taxi to get on the lift system up to Klein Matterhorn.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy