Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a new pair of skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm 34.

5.11 tall.

13 stone.

Fairly advanced skier but no expert. 25 weeks +

Ski twice a season (three if I'm lucky)

75% on piste 25% off piste and jumps

Like to ski fast on piste. Bit more cautious off piste in the steep and deep but very capable.

Current Skis 166 Rossignol B2s. Enjoyed them but very old hat now.

Most of my ski gear is Orange and Grey!

I occasionally wear a helmet Shocked

Want a new pair of planks before I go away in February...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only way to know is to test them yourself.

When you say the B2's are "old hat" what exactly are you thinking? Is this a change for change sake.

I've just bought a second hand pair of B2's! There is a thread on here a couple of months back about it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like my B2s but just fancy a change. Something more modern (they six years old) I will try the new ones out but can't try out every pair of skis there is. So after some recommendations.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
5.11 tall.

Current Skis 166 Rossignol B2s.

Size matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a longer set of boards, those are mini-skis! Skullie [/quote]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
theskibob wrote:
Quote:
5.11 tall.

Current Skis 166 Rossignol B2s.

Size matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a longer set of boards, those are mini-skis! Skullie
[/quote]

this, you should be rockin 175s or so with your weight imo.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like you want a 50/50 ski or AMP as K2 call it. But i agree you are looking for 175++ Too many good skis to choose from. I rate the Zag Big 178 or K2 Aftershock. But as I say loads to choose from.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garethjomo, yes there are a lot of ski's around. I'd been skiing on the B2's predecessor for some time. I had a brief fliration with some Movement Thunders that turned out to be too stiff for my liking. Because I am currently skiing mostly with my kids I couldn't justify buying new. And there are plenty of good second hand ski's around. But then trying to find the right thing for mostly on piste but with the ability to go off into crud or powder on occasion wasn't easy. So in the end I stuck with what I know and got some B2's. They worked for me when I went out over Christmas. FWIW options I was considering but haven't tested were Dynastar Sultans and Volkl Mantra's.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Worth considering, though I disagree with those above on the length, a 172 would be plenty IMO for your weight: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83610

Happy to meet up at Hemel or MK with mine if you want to try before you buy from somewhere - they're not in the test poool at any of the retailers I've seen locally.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Depends..I am 11st2/ 5ft9 and use a 162 carving ski 74mm in the waist. Its a mean machine on the piste and as good as a pair of ice skates,but hopeless off piste and far too stiff. I have just gone from 168/84mm to 175/101 for my 50/50 ski which is now 40/60. This was for a couple of critical points; on very steep hard pack it was touch and go whether there was enough contact length to support me if I decided to stop for a rest and also in deep powder ( we do get those days occaisionally) I was simply not getting enough floation. I was getting flotation, but sinking too far into the snow in the bounce making it freaking hard work.
If nothing else, I would say check the contact lengths,if its a twin tip or early rise rocker you will def need more ski than you thought.Consider also not getting anything too stiff. Good luck!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy