Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine Low-down?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Of to Morzine thursday night with skiweekends for 3 days of fun.

I've been as far as Avoriaz from Morgins before but never to Morzine so some info/advice would be great.

My plan is to explore Morzine/Les Gets on the Friday and check out Mt Cheri on the Saturday (& spend Sunday with the beginners)? Would it make more sense to go to Cheri on the Friday?

Are there many between/side piste powder spots? If so where's good? My buddy is a very decent 3 week skiier but not too happy in the deep stuff so I'll need to stay close to the piste.

Bar Robinson really looks good for some après? I like strong beer! Is this a good choice? Where should we head later?

We'll need to get some skiis serviced on the Friday night, should we go/avoid anywhere in particular?

I thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lived in Les Gets in the 2006/7 season. Took a while for Mont Chery to open as it has problems getting snow, but the skiing on that side is very enjoyable, I would say better than the main Les Gets side. Good cruising runs. It's really good for a half day or a whole one if you want to redo the pistes, which I did. If you have less time on the Friday I would recommend it (if there is enough snow).

Went to Morzine a few times, it's quite a bit bigger than Les Gets and has some good nightlife. But your thread title is pretty accurate, when I went (and I have no idea how the snow is at the moment) the conditions were consistently terrible over there due to its low altitude. We found ourselves going over to Avoriaz fairly often to get to the higher slopes.

From memory there is a little off piste but I don't think it's especially renowned for it, but others may disagree.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I have no idea how the snow is at the moment

It's good already, and after the blizzard due tomorrow, epic. couldn't be better timing for a weekend, I'd say. Loads of snow, with cold weather to keep it in good nick.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, just read there is an expected 19 cm of snow on Thursday followed by a clear Friday - you will have an awesome time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sunny on Saturday apparently so Mont Cheri would be pretty close to heavenly I would have thought! Have a look in the snow reports thread.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow Hound, Alpine Sports Warehouse for your servicing. Just along the road from the tourist office towards ED's supermarket.
Tell Keith APEX sent you.
Shed loads of snow, they are roof clearing the buildings in Lindarets so it must be a lot more coming.
Sure it was Mont CHERY last time I walked up it and drove past it. Whichever day it will be great, the back bowl especially.
You will only need a Morzine/Les Gets pass and they may be doing a cheap weekender, often do.

Beware the Mutzig in Bar Robbo. Serious falling down water wink wink

Have a great weekend.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow Hound, we have also been to Alpine Sports Warehouse that DallyPaul, mentions. We had been reommended by the one and only CEM from Bicester - could not in fact be helped there but sent on to someone else who did sort out whatever the problem was that time. So sheer honesty and not trying to make a buck. Sure you will enjoy Mt Chery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow Hound, a weekend pass for Morzine / Les Gets is 40 euros. It's cheaper to pay for Friday and then buy a weekend pass (which you can do on Friday to avoid the queues on Saturday morning).

There's much more than 19cm on the forecast. It looks closer to 60-80cm if you look at GFS.

Go to Mont Chery on Friday.

And Saturday.

And Sunday.

La Grande Ourse at the (very) top of Mont Chery has a pizza / pasta place downstairs that is very good. The Chanterelle on the right hand side of the black runs on the back side of Mont Chery is also very good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mont Cheri is better. I'll make a suggestion to the PDS folk
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni wrote:

Go to Mont Chery on Friday.

And Saturday.

And Sunday.

You beat me to it! Madeye-Smiley

Much quieter, and some of the best off-the-side-of-the-piste in the PDS, especially if you drop into the trees. Can recommend the Grande Ourse too (though I've only eaten upstairs; the Plat du Jour is always a good bet)

And I can recommend the Mutzig in Bar Robinson. Or you could have it in the Rhodos, but somehow it's never the same. I'm a bit of a fan of the Buddha Bar (or the Tibetan Cafe, or whatever it is these days) for later in the evening.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you so much. Ha ha don't know where I got Cheri from but if you Google it I'm not the only one!

http://www.ultimate-ski.com/Ski-Resorts/France/Les_Gets/Ski_area/index.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy