Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hahnenkamm weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hahnenkamm weekend

We arrive into nearby Kirchberg weekend of jan 21, approx 18:00, so will miss the big race
but will bus it to kitz on sat night for a look around

Appararently on Sunday , the slalom is on, hoping to ski over to Kitz
to sample the atmosphere

To view the Slalom, can u just ski over over to the course, or are tickets needed

Just out of interest , is it true that the prep for the Strief, includes the course being sprayed with water, to transform snow to ice !
After the race, is it made more user friendly, (snow cannons)

And if anyone has a link to the Ski Sunday episode, where they went over just how steep it is
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

but will bus it to kitz on sat night for a look around

Be prepared to meet thousands of very drunk people charging all over the place in red and white hats.

Quote:

are tickets needed

Yes you can pick them up at the checkpoints.

Quote:

is it true that

Yes.

Quote:

is it made more user friendly

Eventually. But straight after it will be race hard and icy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did the the downhill course the day after the world cup downhill in 1999, I will of course blame my crappy ski's with little or no edges and nothing to do with a lack of skill or technique Embarassed but I spent most of the time on my backside and walked down the last couple of hundred metres as i'd had enough of pretending that I could ski it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We visited Kitzbuhel on the Friday a couple of years ago (not realising it was the Hahnenkamm weekend). Parking was easy and most of the other pistes were open to ski. We watched the Super G from the bottom of the slopes and got a decent view despite not buying tickets (there are also plenty of giant screens to view it on). Atmosphere was fantastic. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dublin1 wrote:
Hahnenkamm weekend

.......Just out of interest , is it true that the prep for the Strief, includes the course being sprayed with water, to transform snow to ice !
After the race, is it made more user friendly, (snow cannons).......

We were in Kitzbuhel a week after the race a few years ago. There is a piste that snakes across the race course with just rope barriers to stop you straying onto the steepest parts of the course. Ducking under the barriers to 'test' these steep parts resulted in all of us 'losing it' on the first or second turn. Not only were these parts pretty steep, but under the thin cover of powdery snow, was hard-packed, shiny, slippery ice!
Sprayed with water? It felt more like the ground was stainless steel buffed to a mirror finish!
A local told us that the racers don't actually ski on these icy steep bits - they are normally flying above them!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy