Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt hotels - recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post on Snowheads ... I'm looking to book a week in a Zermatt Hotel at New Year convenient for the lifts, comfortable, and not too flash - from what I have read Hotel Butterfly looks pretty good - do snowheads have any comments or other recommendations ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GeorgeM, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
GeorgeM, we stayed at the Bellavista last year. It's on the run back from Sunegga to the village so you can ski to the door. Comfortable family run place, very helpful, friendly folk but I think that's pretty common in Switzerland.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi - we met people a couple of years ago who were staying in the Butterfly and they were really positive about it - had stayed there for years.
xx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GeorgeM,

Hi,

The lifts are all spread out so no hotel is near to all three. The Ambassador was very good which is near the station and convenient for the Gornergrat but I found walking in Zermatt very pleasant. All three lifts are well worth using but the most popular would be the one to Klein Matterhorn so stay near there. Its not to bad a walk to Sunnega from there either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A group of us have used the Mattererhornblick regulalry for a mid-December long weekend in Zermatt. It depends what you are looking for but I'd recommend it highly if you are looking for a good quality but reasonably priced hotel. It has a decent wellness suite in the basement. One big advantage is its location - just down the hill from the church you are just yards from the ski bus stop along the river. It is very close to some great apres ski venues (papperla pub and murphys) and close to the main street for the evening time. It is better to stay here than close to one of the lift stations since both of these (but especially the Klein Matterhorn lifts) will put you a little out of the way for bars etc. If the snow is good then you can nearly ski home along one of the pistes which ends up along one of the town roads close to the papperla pub.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want a stern Frau, less than welcoming to children, convenient for none of the 3 lifts, charges (pro rata) 8 Euros a litre for supermarket stubbies of cheap Eurofizz lager then shoos you out of their bar at 9.30 then then the Hotel Darioli is your best bet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So Hotel Darioli it is then !- thanks to all of you for your suggestions, and thanks to Brian for his trip report which I've just found through the Swiss Ski Resorts thread
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy