Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deepest Essex!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowing like the clappers when we woke, a good inch fallen I think. Sticky snow, pretty trees!!

Pretty fed up with the secondary school - they cancelled the school bus, then I drive 4 miles through pretty grim conditions (Winter tyres Rock! BTW) and get my daughter there only to have the phone peep at 0830 with a text message to say that school won't open until 11am!! Grrrr So had to drive her home again and now have the prospect of a return trip at 11am!! Primary school got on the text message system earlier - they are opening at 10am!! Any guesses as to what I shall spend the morning doing? Yup, ferrying kids to school!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow in kent since 8 am and still falling. Megamum, let them stay at home and build snowmen.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its amazing how much chaos 1inch of snow can cause.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes but I did get a chance to get my show chains out and whiz round the essex country lanes where others feared to tread Smile (or couldn't get to 'cos the M11 was stuffed!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sherlockis, wow, how deep was the snow?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ricklovesthepowder:
about 2 inches - in our bit of Essex, but on top of rain that had washed away the grit then frozen! on the main roads the light traffic just squashed the snow cover down to a shiny inch of solid ice, to be polished to tee by every rear-wheel drive auto german saloon that happened to try and get up that slight incline Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowChains in Essex 5.12.12
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sherlockis wrote:
solid ice, to be polished to tee by every rear-wheel drive auto german saloon that happened to try and get up that slight incline Wink

Hee hee. I live in the Alps and in six years have never used my chains although obviously I have snow tyres. This reminds me of last year's (or was it the one before..) visit to aged parent in Berkshire where I walked into town, had a few holiday afternoon pints and then walked home more quickly than the local BMWs. Not so fun if you are caught up in the attendant traffic jam like one of my parent's friends who had to abandon the car and walk miles. But if you can afford a posh german (or other) saloon, you should be able to afford snow tyres to go with it..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the local BMWs

what is it with BMWs? My son lives in the Chew Valley which was quite badly flooded recently and when he finally judged the water had receded enough to get into work in Bristol (in his ancient Ford Fiesta) he said the route was littered with BMWs which had been abandoned, presumably because their drivers thought they could drive on water.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pam, it's like power boats at Chichester Bar....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy