Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Jam 182cm Binding Mount Location

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[size=18]Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of Movement Jam 182cm skis but haven't as yet had a chance to use them (apart from the demo pair of 173s I demoed). Although I have been skiing for 6 years and would class myself as a high intermediate skier, buying skis is not something that I had done before. Anyway, due to this, I was unaware until after I had bought the skis that the binding position could be altered forward or backwards depending what type of skiing I woud be doing (naiive in hindsight but there you go!). The assisstant in Ellis Brigham where I bought them from did not think to question the type of skiing I would be doing (mainly on piste, doing a few jumps, a bit of skiing switch, etc) and mounted the bindings on the centre point. After reading numerous forums I am worried that the bindings might be set too far back for what I need. If anyone could offer me some advice on this or has any experience of the Jams it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
[/size]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Jam is a powerful and dynamic ski that is aimed at bigger and more
aggressive skiers looking for an all-round performance both on piste and in
powder. Armed with an imposing tip, the JAM goes all over the mountain absorbing
everything the mountain can throw at it, while remaining super-stable, even at very
high speeds.
you may like......... http://www.noblecustom.co.uk/movement2012.pdf

I doubt you would want to mount the binding forward of the boot centre point as this is a classic camber ski.
What bindings did you mount?
I've had Movement Flame and Movement Thunder skis and found them (both different to ski) very well constructed with great feel underfoot.
If you have the bindings mounted at the Boot Centre Point I reckon you got no worries.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply, it's put my mind at rest a little! The bindings are Tyrolia Peak 12s. Really looking forward to trying them in a couple of weeks!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS, I'm aware the bindings are 'value' but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy