Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSA: Ortovox 3+ and S1 firmware updates available

Poster: A snowHead
Received an email from Ortovox this evening announcing updates for the 3+ and the S1 trannies:

3+ (Version 1.1)
Simultaneous and faster initial display of direction, distance and sound
Greater backward compatibility with analog devices
Acoustic warning 10 seconds before the automatic switchover to transmitting
Acoustic warning if the device is switched on but has remained stationary for 30 minutes (switch-off reminder)

S1 (Version 1.2.3488)
‘Cancel marking’ function: press and hold the ‘OK’ button for 2 seconds
Activate the ‘Deep burial’ function by pressing the ‘OK’ button from a distance of 3 to 7 m
‘Welcome screen customization’ function

Find a dealer with an update service
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any uk dealers provide an update service Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doesn't look like it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a 3+ last month from a dealer in austria and it came with v1.1
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had a look for a dealer to update my 3+ but can't find one. May have to wait until we go to the alps in a couple of months time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
facewest have a machine i think i got my s1 updated there about 18 months ago
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can organise via the UK Ortovox Importer who is Noble Custom, plus we will have the kit to do this in the very near future. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update, we will be able to provide software updates very soon our update hardware will arrive tomorrow 23rd Dec 2011 Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski, please keep us updated , and will get it sorted cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neilski wrote:
livetoski, please keep us updated , and will get it sorted cheers snowHead

+1 Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
New up box for upgrades has arrived smart stuff, should be all up and running after Christmas
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How can I tell if my 3+ needs an upgrade? I got it from EB a couple of months ago, so it may have the new software already on it.... Anyone know how/where to check....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pete88,
Quote:

How can I tell if my 3+ needs an upgrade?

If you have the original box it came in there is usually a sticker with the manufacture date and the version, to be fair or unfair EB are still trying to sell through last seasons 3+ thats why they are so expensive in EB, the RRP came down this season, the 3+ in my local EB are last seasons transceivers. Shocked

Your 3+ will still be fine and work as it should do, the upgrades only add to the software.

The other strange thing is it depends on which coluor your have, black ones tend to be older software than the green ones newer Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski, Cheers for that, be in touch in the new year , snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you livetoski, I'm in Tignes atm so it shouldn't be too difficult finding somewhere to see if it needs doing/ get it updated.
ski holidays
Better find one here in CH for my +3..should really get of my back bottom and write a review of my avi course where we tested each others transceivers in a range of scenarios.
snow conditions
My 3+ bought in Oct 11 is already software version 1.1 - Bergsport Chur checked it and said it was up to date. Also told me to change battery at 40% - nothing I can find in manual on the subject. Anyone confirm?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy