Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fridge Report - drills + stats

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went to my local fridge today to do some drills before Swiss trip and being one for stats i recorded some.

2 hour pass = £30.00
Each run about 10 seconds average, top to bottom
Each uplift about 5 minutes average, queue at bottom, turnstile, lift, top.
At any one time there were;
Average of 25 customers on uplifts
Average of 10 customers on piste
Average of 15 customers queuing at the turnstiles
Average of 8 customers waiting to go at the top of the slope
(I counted on ten occasions - sad isn't it!)

I will let someone else do the maths, but I quite enjoyed myself. A bit bored after one hour, would have come off for a drink but the clock was ticking.

I would say the whole place was moderately busy. The lessons were very busy.

That's all Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
84.6% of statisctics are made up.

True fact!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"80% of the time it works everytime!!"
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is the problem with the fridges in the UK, they're not big enough. Unless you've got a specific reason to go to one and work on a set of drills or use the freestyle furniture, they're a bit dull. We need a nice big Landgraaf-esque one installing somewhere.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go early in the morning and get twice as many descents.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball wrote:
Go early in the morning and get twice as many descents.

Or just ski slower, giving more slope time relative to queue time wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son & myself went to Cas vegas Fridge today, 1st ones in & it was quiet for 30 minutes then it became silly; long queues to get on the only lift open, people falling off & not rolling out of the way, lifts slowing down to allow people to get up, snowboarders sat across the top so no one else could get past, OAPs stopping on the hill to chat with long lost friends, out of control young people, instructors pushing in to get back up the lift.

Was glad to come out after 2 hours. Even more glad that we will be in the Alps in 12 days though Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
homers double, which is likely to be a guestimate and not a fact, if one Googles the question all manner of stats come up. Mine were simple manual counts.
snowball, indeed, the button takes 110 seconds to go from bottom to top, assuming no-one falls off and no queues then add 30 seconds to skate the flat and negotiate the empty turnstile and catch the button and another 10 seconds at the top, then it would be possible to get twice as many runs in.
shakeywith, hmmm my experience was okay today, just a few straight liners but I will try early morning in future.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy