Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TJ Baldwin - British Ski team - funding appeal

Poster: A snowHead
This is an appeal to all Snowheads for TJ Baldwin.

TJ is the youngest member of the British Alpine ski team and has just turned 21. He is the current British Senior Champion in Downhill, Super G, Super Combined & Overall combined.
He is ranked inside the top 200 in the World for GS, Downhill & Super Combined. He is a full time member of the GB team and has been for the past 5 years.
He competed at the World champs in 2011 in 4 of the 5 events, where he came 38th in the Downhill, his first ever race in World cup/Champs.

To be part of the full time programme TJ relies totally on grants and sponsorship - unfortunately over the past year he has lost in the region of £11000 with a number of sponsors pulling out and reduction in grants.

TJ requires around £15000 a year to train & race at the very highest level. We are currently looking for a major sponsor to replace the one that pulled out just 2 weeks before the British Champs in March. So far we have drawn a blank. Without sponsorship TJ will not be able to continue racing for team GB much after the New year as all his funding left from last year (& my pension) will have run out. He is British No1 in 2 events and one of our best prospects for future Olympics.

If anyone on this forum knows of a company that is looking to sponsor a world class British athlete or a keen skier on the board of directors or even a lottery winner who can spare some cash Please PM me.

Many thanks

Plugboy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
...my pension...

No chance you getting back into work and raising some funds yourself?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PJSki, I work full time. I just get a small armed forces pension. Thanks for the encouraging words.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plugboy wrote:
PJSki, I work full time. I just get a small armed forces pension. Thanks for the encouraging words.

there's your answer then. Get him in one of the regiments with a good ski team.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have already looked into that. Not possible to follow GB team programme and race at World cup level in the Army.
Also he is at so much higher level than any British army skier. Why do you think he is British Champ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Plugboy wrote:
TJ requires around £15000 a year to train & race at the very highest level.
I'm amazed he can do it for that little.

Chairman of BSS made some quite promising noises recently. It seems to me the funds are there to run the team professionally. Does TJ get the benefit of any of it?

Heres the statement:

The Southern Hemisphere season is in full swing and, at the conclusion of a very busy summer of sporting success for Great Britain, I want to update you all on the successful progress that British Ski and Snowboard has made.
Firstly let me address a matter that is central to our ability to deliver the services that our elite athletes deserve, fund raising. In our first year, which concluded at the end of April 2011, we managed to raise just under £1m. Over 60% of this came from sponsorship or three major donations to our sport. Over 20% came from other fund raising events, grants from FIS and other sports funding bodies with the remainder being provided by athletes through licence fees, race entries or contributions to programmes.
The Board of BSS are committed to raising increased funds from Sponsorship and intend to reduce the costs of the sport to athletes. I would personally like to make this happen immediately but the reality is that it can only happen as we increase the commercial funding and this is not an easy task in the current environment. However, I am delighted that we have already, this year, secured and announced sponsorship deals and donations which will provide around £600k, more than was raised throughout last year. We also have confidence that we will secure a further £500k in commercial revenue in this financial year. I am confident that we will be announcing a number of new deals between now and December.
In addition to raising funds the BSS Board have been focused upon ensuring that our sport is properly Governed for future success. We have created a draft Constitution which is based upon many of the principles of good governance in sport and we have taken on board comments from the British Olympic Association, the International Ski Federation and the Home Nations. The next step is to get feedback from all interested parties and to that end we are publishing the Constitution this month together with an invitation to all to provide us with your written feedback, via BSSconstitution@teamgb.com.
We are delighted that the IOC has chosen to include additional snowsports in the Olympic programme in Sochi in 2014 and the inclusion of both ski and snowboard slopestyle give us hopes of podium finishes. We are providing some funding for athlete programmes for these disciplines and the achievements of British athletes like Jenny Jones, James Woods and Katie Summerhayes provide an example for others to follow.
To help develop all snowsports we are seeking a Performance Director who will oversee the elite athlete development and training programmes in every Discipline. We are seeking an individual who can bring fresh ideas and help to develop our coaching and support schemes as well as somebody who understands how to overcome some of the funding difficulties that our athletes often face. This is a model which I have seen bring great success to other Olympic sports.
The creation of World Class training and development programmes for snowsports has been at the heart of my aims since I first became involved last year. A funded and properly governed sport was my first objective. We have funding for the next season with some funding for later years already agreed and the strong possibility of funding up to 2014. The implementation of the new Constitution with its new Directors and Committees, by May 2012, will see the new governance structure implemented. I am now turning my attention and hope that we will all strive to ensure that our athletic performances this season results in public and media interest, support and funding and the consequential implementation of the programmes that our athletes require for Olympic success.
Have a great 2011/2012 season,
Colin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, The GB team athletes get the coaches paid for plus a physio. The £15,000 is for flights, accomodation, food, lift passes, insurance, equipment. He is in Chile at the moment which is costing £3800 for 4 weeks!
He gets no other money from BSS or Sport UK.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plugboy wrote:
Have already looked into that. Not possible to follow GB team programme and race at World cup level in the Army.
Also he is at so much higher level than any British army skier. Why do you think he is British Champ?

I don't remember Rory Underwood being forced to play for the squadron 1st XV.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plugboy wrote:
Bode Swiller, The GB team athletes get the coaches paid for plus a physio. The £15,000 is for flights, accomodation, food, lift passes, insurance, equipment. He is in Chile at the moment which is costing £3800 for 4 weeks!
He gets no other money from BSS or Sport UK.

Sport UK has to target resources where there's a realist chance of success at the highest level.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki, whilst you are entitled to your opinion I think this might be once of these instances when, if you having nothing helpful, encouraging or at least sincerely sympathetic to say, it would be best to say nothing. Cool

If every even remotely regularly contributing snowHead donated at least the cost of one mountain lunch we could make a serious dent in TJ's shortfall. I'm up for it, thoughts anyone?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plugboy, £15k is not a lot of money in sponsorship terms but it still has to be hard earned. I reckon his best chance is local Norfolk businesses or bigger businesses that just happen to be based in Norfolk. First thing any potential sponsor will do is a Google search and they'll arrive very quickly at www.tj-ski.com - that has to make an impact and it doesn't. I would start there, it's got to be more about what he could bring to the party rather than him being the party. Having the donate thing there looks desperate. There's such a massive difference between appearing to beg and offering something bankable to invest in. I think you need to turn the strategy on its head.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robboj wrote:
PJSki, whilst you are entitled to your opinion I think this might be once of these instances when, if you having nothing helpful, encouraging or at least sincerely sympathetic to say, it would be best to say nothing. Cool

Well, I did suggest the armed forces but, unbeknown to me, it had already been considered and rejected.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
Plugboy, £15k is not a lot of money in sponsorship terms but it still has to be hard earned. I reckon his best chance is local Norfolk businesses or bigger businesses that just happen to be based in Norfolk. First thing any potential sponsor will do is a Google search and they'll arrive very quickly at www.tj-ski.com - that has to make an impact and it doesn't. I would start there, it's got to be more about what he could bring to the party rather than him being the party. Having the donate thing there looks desperate. There's such a massive difference between appearing to beg and offering something bankable to invest in. I think you need to turn the strategy on its head.

Yes, this is the point I was about to make.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Plugboy, do the Ski Club of Great Britain still sponsor TJ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PJSki, Yes the SC of GB do give him & Ed some sponsorship and we thank them for that.
Sport Uk does have to target money, but they seem to overlook potential for future years and cut money from sports that did not tick their boxes and flood the sports with money that did tick the box!

Bode Swiller, We put the donate button on the website after others suggested it. Yes the site is now dated and needs updating but to get professional sites done costs money?
His previous main sponsor pulled out after TJ appeared on British Eurosport, Ski Sunday & the BBC Red button with the logo on his helmet with millions watching. he got loads of press miles for them too so he does bring things to the party.
We did target Norfolk based businesses but got little response, many do not reply to letters, emails etc. Very hard to even get to meet anyone in marketing. Have tried for many years now.
latest report
Plugboy wrote:
Bode Swiller, We put the donate button on the website after others suggested it. Yes the site is now dated and needs updating but to get professional sites done costs money?
His previous main sponsor pulled out after TJ appeared on British Eurosport, Ski Sunday & the BBC Red button with the logo on his helmet with millions watching. he got loads of press miles for them too so he does bring things to the party.
We did target Norfolk based businesses but got little response, many do not reply to letters, emails etc. Very hard to even get to meet anyone in marketing. Have tried for many years now.

Well, getting a professional looking website need not cost much at all. TJ's is not a transactional website, just a brochure site and, if it were me, I'd put the project up on Crowdspring and set a very small budget - maybe $200. You'll get loads of designs to consider. Ask for a CMS system like Joomla or Umbraco so TJ can easily edit/update from anywhere (most ski racers, by the way, NEVER update their sites and that's poor given that its so easy). Obviously you'll need to write a brief and that will need to be all about what he brings or has already brought to the party and what the future holds.

The key to unlocking the interest in those local businesses is by thinking WIIFT and making the approach on how THEY will benefit not how TJ will be able to naff off skiing. Sorry if sucking eggs involved there.
latest report
Plugboy, As a couple of others have said, I'd be trying to treat this as a business proposition.

You mentioned Eurosport and BBC coverage. I'd be trying to put viewer numbers against last years coverage and ID any other press coverage received and calculate the total readership \ viewing numbers for the year. I'd then try to make a realistic estimate as to the coverage you can expect in the coming season.

From those numbers you can probably do some research and work out just how valuable that coverage is. Analyse the geographic's \ demographics and get it all presentable in a 'Media-pack'.

The next thing I'd do is see if you can get a PR outfit involved in exchange for sponsorship space. They will help maximise your press coverage and support your argument regarding exposure to viewers.

Finally I'd draw up a targeted list of companies based on the markets your coverage is going to address and perhaps their historic pre disposition to sponsorship & snowsports.

Personally I doubt your search will throw up much in the UK and I'd be targeting European companies.

Good luck.

Interestingly last year one of the UK snowsports teams put out a sponsor ship call. One of the athletes had done me a small favour in the previous year so after making contact I offered some of our companies services to support their PR and marketing effort. It wasn't so much by value but used intelligently they would have been useful. I didn't even get a reply.
snow conditions
Maybe there is a SnowHead who is a marketing or internet whizz who could step up to the plate ?
ski holidays
In sponsorship terms, £15K is not a lot. You could raise that by organising an interesting event in a sensible sized community. But what you need is something sustainable.

As someone that hasn't got money to invest, if you want donations then you need to give something back. Has TJ ever been to a Snowheads event at a fridge or one of the bashes? Could he give up his time to help out other skiiers?

I'd suggest looking to something like Dragons Den, and getting a professional presenter to go in there with him. They present the proposition - invest in TJ now, and in 3-4 years time you'll get 30% of profits from advertising revenue when Red Bull and the rest of them buy in. That could be millions if he turns into the next big thing. You probably won't get chuff all from the Dragons, but you will get 5 minutes on prime time TV in front of thousands of others that could invest.

I assume that you are in touch with your local MP regularly to get their support for public sector money that is available, and to put in a good word wherever possible with the relevant ministers and organisations? That's where I'd start. Get as close as you can to the people that hold the purse strings. Remind them that a bit of support and assistance might just turn into a celebrity that young people can identify with to back their re-election campaign in a couple of years time...
latest report
http://www.tj-ski.com/?q=node/6 This has got to be one of the worst Personal Websites i have ever seen. No offence, but no business or Individual is going to want to donate or sponser someone who comes across as very Amateurish. I'm sure this is not the case, but there are many Free Websites out there that look better than this, and even some that cost a few hundred pounds that will knock spots off the present one.

Here's a link to a free one that is easy to use and update... http://www.webs.com/

As has been said before, Athletes need to keep their websites updated, write a blog or video diary and make their fans and sponsers feel part of the team and process. It doesn't take much time. Ted Ligerty has a good sight and writes a good blog... see here. http://www.tedligety.com/about/ http://www.johnmartzusa.com/tedligety/

Also, potential sponsers will want something in return. Personal appearances are always good. Maybe a few hours ski instructing at a local slope? Supper Evenings with a question and answer session at the end. I'm sure many would love to know the life of a Racer on the circuit and a few inside secrets.

If the SCGB sponser TJ, could they not possibly arrange a Night where TJ does a question and answer session, auctions a few old skis, kit etc, or even auction himself out for an evening or dinner somehwere?

In today’s economy, not only do you have to find ways to make yourself stand out in the crowd, you also have to sometimes reinvent yourself and redefine your goals and expectations.

From what i've seen, fans want to fee part of the team and so do Sponsers. He needs to make himself available and keep everyone updated of progess. Facebook and Twitter imho are a Kop out.

I hope that helps somewhat.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., Strangely enough I had a reverse with my son who races at Ch1 level, we approached a very well known childrens charity and offerred logo space(as much as they wanted within reason) that I could get put on his race/training gear at my expense, spoke to someone in it's local office who was very enthusiastic and referred it to the national office who didn't even have the courtesy to reply, he's since last season had various newspaper features and a couple of radio interviews where he's mentioned a local business that have supported him and finds it difficult to understand why a kids charity are not interested in a freebie which he initiated when he saw a few hard hitting (and I'm sure , expensive) ads on the T.V.
ski holidays
briand6868, I guess it's when charities go 'corporate'.
latest report
Have you tried approaching independent ski shops? I agree the website is not good enough. Whilst I appluad yo supporting his goal, one must wonder about all the potential brilliant brain surgeons out there who cannot aford to 'train' due to their university fees. He's done well to get this far, if he is good enough he will get sponsorship - supply and demand though I think. Whilst I disagree that not even the best footballers get paid in 1 week what TJ needs in a year to compete in his sport that has to be considered against the revenue they generate. Good luck.
latest report
In the grand scheme of things 15k is buttons and it's a bitch that no-one will help, my own experience is that cash is a hard thing for sponsors to part with whereas my son was given all his training,casual and racing kit by a local business that specialises in sports/outdoor and workwear and does all the logo/embroidery aswell - 1k of kit maybe costs 500e wheras 1k of cash costs 2k of sales - please keep trying and take the advice of people with obvious knowledge that have posted above - your lads hard work deserves it - wasn't something sorted by snowheads for Chemmy last year - maybe the same could be tried again.
ski holidays
Plugboy, of all the comments, Bode Swiller's are solid.

• Update the website and keep it updated regularly. The Crowdspring suggestion is a good one for the initial design and build
  • TJ has to become a personality - pro sports people have to have star status to maintain a high profile. This can start off in your local community, then spread out to the region and further as his profile grows. Local hero makes good, type of thing
  • Get some professional photos taken for the site and for PR material. Again, this doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.
    I'm a photographer, if you're ever down London way, I will be happy to do studio style shots for free (PM me and I'll send you a link to my portfolio). If TJ is racing in Chamonix at any point during the upcoming season, PM the dates to me - if I'm there at the time, I will take some quality race pics for you. Again, for free
  • Keep the donate section of the site but give it a different spin, call it "Support TJ" or something similar.
    And add some copy on the support section of the site, providing people with information in the various ways they could support him, e.g. sponsorship, donations, etc. Make sure you include information on how the donated and sponsorship money will be used.
    Create a sponsorship package - this can be a downloadable PDF containing well-written copy and good quality images that provides all the information on how the sponsorship will benefit prospective sponsors. In this case, you are selling a product and have to treat it that way
  • Get TJ involved in supporting something like Disability Sport UK, perhaps providing mentoring to disabled skiers. Not only will he be giving something back but this will add an humane aspect to his public profile - always popular with the masses. Make sure the website includes well-written articles with pics informing people of these activities

Good luck! Hopefully more snowHeads will come along with good suggestions, positive words and perhaps offers of small ways to support TJ. Every little bit helps.
snow report
robboj wrote:
If every even remotely regularly contributing snowHead donated at least the cost of one mountain lunch we could make a serious dent in TJ's shortfall. I'm up for it, thoughts anyone?

Absolutely excellent suggestion! Let the snowHeads massive make a wee dent.

I have now popped along to TJ's site and made my donation via PayPal, so come on sHs, rally together in true British fashion, what what.

Btw Plugboy, it may be a good idea to set up TJ's own PayPal account for these donations, rather than the one you're currently using.
snow report
Www.radicalsportsmanagement.com
ski holidays
It's true 'British Fashion' that's put him in this predicament Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spud wrote:
It's true 'British Fashion' that's put him in this predicament Crying or Very sad

Poo to that! Where's that London Blitz spirit then? (I'm talking about snowHeads specifically, not the rest of the nation)

Of course, professional management like Radical Sports Management offers is a really good option too.
snow report
Zero-G, The free photos are an excellent gesture. I shall be sure to consider you if I ever require a photographer.

spud You raise an interesting issue. Why does this happen in Britain?

I think the best thing snowHead s and other British winter sports consumers can do is to look carefully at how we all spend our snow-related dosh. We should be aware of the current sponsors of team GB and British talent and direct our spending in their direction as a reward for their support for British talent.
For the more militant snowHead s, we can ask those ski industry related businesses who are not currently sponsors (but who are happily taking Briton's money) what their plans are to help British talent succeed in the Olympics and other competitions.

I wonder, what's our spending power ?
How much do Brits spend on winter sports in the UK? Including schools' spending?
What is the total industry worth in terms of revenue and profits?
Ski gear, flights, accommodation (british owned properties), ski TOs etc.
latest report
Why does it happen in Britain? Apathy...

Imho, there has always been someone with that 'London Blitz spirit' that will step up and finance individuals in minority sports. Because of that the Governments realise they don't have to finance so much.
ski holidays
spud wrote:

but you could argue that as a Nation we've decided to spunk at least 9 BILLION of tax contributions on the Olympics (AKA a lot of shiny buildings in the East End) so it's not as if we're 'down' on Sport ? Laughing
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
spud wrote:

but you could argue that as a Nation we've decided to spunk at least 9 BILLION of tax contributions on the Olympics

And that's partly the reason, £15k of that belongs to TJ.
ski holidays
I think it is a great shame as TJ really is an athlete who is could make a huge difference to this sport.for Team GBR. He is way up there with the worlds best. Plugboy, if I had the sponds you know I would but I am in the same predicament. Good luck, I hope something comes up.
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
spud wrote:

but you could argue that as a Nation we've decided to spunk at least 9 BILLION of tax contributions on the Olympics (AKA a lot of shiny buildings in the East End) so it's not as if we're 'down' on Sport ? Laughing

As a Nation we may spend that much, but it's pretty much only London that will benefit and the Sailing areas.

£15000 is not a great deal to raise, and as has been said, I'm quiet suprised it's that little for the year.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the advice and ideas.
I will definately change his web site as it appears that no one really likes it. Will also try to be more professional about how we market TJ to potential sponsors.

Some of the ideas about making himself known locally then build up is already happening.

He is one of the best known sportsman (outside football) in Norfolk as he has won the BBC radio Norfolk Sports personality of the year award and was in the final of the BBC Look east sports personality award - he was also in the final 10 of the BBC Young sports personality award the same year. He has been on Look East & About Anglia regional TV programmes on numerous accaisions as well as CH4 & Eurosport 2.

As for personal apperances etc he already does those as much as he can at the moment. He does prize giving and signs autographs and does photos with kids etc at artificial slope races. He does coaching (unpaid) at dry slope race camps. He makes appearances as a sports ambassador for the Norfolk Sports & Cultural Foundation (his only grant). He is always at one of the ski shows on the SC of GB stand or SSGB/BSS stand and generally making himself known. He has done the raffle (with Ed) at the SC of GB summer ball.
He is only in the UK for 3 months of the year (May/Jun/Jul) the rest of the time he is in North/South America or Europe racing or training. During that 3 months he also spends 4-5 weeks on training/testing camps in Scotland. He also has to do 4-5 hrs of fitness/recovery/physio almost every day. So trying to fit in more is very difficult. Not making any excuses, just saying it how it is.
Also doing a blog is not as easy as you think. Especially when he doesn't have internet for quite a lot of the time in the season when staying in cheap B&B. I haven't been able to contact him for a week in Chile as the internet has stopped over there. And as the team have no ski tech either all 3 athletes are up til around 10 doing their skis for the next day.

All of money his sponsors (apart from SCGB & FrontierSki) are/were local firms/businesses. It just apears that they pulled out due to the finacial climate at the moment.

Yes the £15K is not that much in the big picture especially to some sports. It is only that much as He does not have to pay for his coach or Physio (during the season) or transport in Europe. All of his skis/boots are from the Atomic factory on a one-for-one exchange so cost nothing. The Team are sponsored with Leki poles, Colmar clothing/catsuits, Uvex Helmets & goggles, & Level gloves. So the £15K is only for Flights, Hotels/B&B, lift passes, transport not in Europe, insurance, medical cover & physio when at home & his bike for fitness training.

Zero-g Thanks for the offer of photos, I will PM you. Thanks for the donation too. Will sort out a seperate Paypal acc too.

The London Olympics did take a huge amount of money from ALL winter sports, as they had to give up the rights to the royalty's from the Olympic rings but have not been compensated at all! 7 years of pain!
Maybe after 2012 there will be some more coming back in.?

Will be approaching more companies tomorrow. Did manage to raise £370 yesterday from a raffle and a stall selling things at the All England Dry slope champs. TJ would have presented the prizes but is in Chile.

Thanks kooky I think most of the GB team are in the same boat. Apart from maybe 2 Juniors on their own private programmes. 1 has a better set up than the GB Men's World cup team! 1/2 coaches, physio, sports psychologist & ski tech all privately paid for, for 1 seventeen-year-old boy!!
ski holidays
Plugboy, I am tempted to say why does he bother!
BUT I guess that applies to any British Athelete/non-mainstream sports person, there are so many deserving of our support Sad
snow conditions
Plugboy, Thinking some more on the problem, it' s not just £15k.

With figures indicating that Male ski racers are probably peaking in their 30's the problem is really much bigger, and the real question is how to find funding until TJ career becomes self funding. The presentation I attended ( a few years ago now - but I doubt things have changed ) suggested that UK racers have tended to retire too early, no doubt to to funding.

Against that background some longer term strategic thinking will be required.

edit: finger trouble.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 5-09-11 9:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Also look outside the ski industry; When I was sailing at a high level; we had sponsors from the sailing industries but our main sponsor was a defense contractor!

Also remember to look after your sponsors (as others have said).

Build a sponsor pack; have some "standard offerings" set up; costs to sponsor and benefits; so "headline sponsor - 25K par annum; for this you get "area on Helmet". "Supporter ?? ski bag sponsorship etc".

Work out where YOU can add value to them; look for companies that can provide things YOU need for minimal cost to THEM; So what about BA/FlyBe/other airlines? Flights do cost them; but not what we pay for them.....

Talk to PR companies as others have mentioned; You MIGHT get the latest intern; but they (should) be keen!

Local radio; TV and papers; Try and get TJ writing a column for local paper - aim for nationals - "underdog ski racer struggling for funding; Ski athlets peak in their 30's how can we wind if we don't have funding". Write a GOOD blog. Be interesting.

Get onto Question of sport; Total Wipeout etc (again PR will help here).
latest report
I think he needs to get on Question of Sport and then flog a photoshoot with OK magazine. It would help if he got himself a slightly celebrity girlfriend or is really good looking. I suspect he has quite a good bod and therefore OK may be interested in some topless in the kitchen type of shots whilst he makes designer coffee.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy