Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

booking last minute

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I fancy sneeking in a weeks skiing going on 31st december,but was hoping to hold out for a bargain. Was wondering if anybody out there had tips on leaving it very late and getting a bargain ie even the day before travel??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a chat with someone like this.

http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/search?name=&date=4&departure_day=&quality=&size=&exclusive_use=on&sort=
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Knee Deep, how many people in your group or is it just you? Do you want a package inc flights etc or happy to try to find your own travel? This will go a long way towards what you'll find, and the cost. If organising your own travel, try putting a request up on the Solutions Room here www.chaletsdirect.com and see what comes back to you - there is a wide variation of dates being used for New Year this year, due to Christmas and New Year falling on normal changeover days, so if you can be a little flexible, that will also give you more options
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there are two of us and want a package I think,will have a look at suggestions above.cheers!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have left it til a few days before departure and got a bargain, so it is possible, especially if you don't mind too much where you go. We were tempted to leave it til the last minute again for over NY, but that was the only week this season we were both sure we could have off work, so I bottled it and booked!! Still got a half-price chalet deal though, through Iglu,. so I am happy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Certainly still seem to be quite a lot of places to some of the French resorts which got most of the snow at nearly 50% off.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You sometimes get stung for "tickets on departure" which means you need to collect them from the desk at the airport. Some TO charge £20 or more and you can't avoid it if they do.

The biggest discount is usually in the big TO club hotels (effectively very large chalets) rather than in independent hotels. Some of these are great - some seem to be training grounds for the people who were borderline on the hiring interview. On the other hand remember that a 5 star hotel will charge 5 star prices for beer etc so its not always a bargain when you get there.

Otherwise the only tip is to be very flexible regarding airport, resort and accommodation. And remember that just because the price is lower than that advertised in the brochure it is not always "a bargain". Be happy with the price you pay for the package you get.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy