Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valmorel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering Valmorel in April as have found a lovely chalet but there do seem to be a large proportion of drag lifts here, which are definitely not our favourite kind. My legs need a rest on the way back up!
Can most of the pistes be accessed by chairs etc or will that cut down the ski area drastically?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Valmorel four times and I don't remember the drags being too invasive on my or my famliy's enjoyment as most of them aren't main lifts.......one of the long ones on Beaudin, called Arenoulliaz is next to a slow chair called Biollene, so you can choose and there is a long steep one on the route back from Doucy and a short one but neither is that severe. Other than that there are short ones here and there but most of the main runs are chair served, even if the lift system isn't quite Val Thorens like in its speed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Considering Valmorel in April

When in April? worth checking with people who know the resort - such as phatcon - about snow state then.

Welcome to SHs, phatcon - not many people here know much about Valmorel, so will be helpful to have first hand information. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
don't 'dis the draglifts too much.
As i found out in Le Corbier last week, they're the lifts that saved the day when most of the chairs were closed due to high winds Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't recall too many, but I do remember one alongside a black which pulled me out of my bindings Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure if i'd trust Valmorel snow-wise in April normally....this year may be the exception......as at around 1400m the resort is low, unless I was booking last minute. Most of the skiing only goes up to about 2300m tops. But it is a nice, charming and pretty place. Mind you one of my trips was last week of March and snow was good......one day of rain in resort (hated skiing in the rain) and a bit slushy at end of day is all that sticks in the memory, so must have been a good trip.
And I agree with Hamish though, I quite like a drag from time to time.
I skied Le Corbier & Les Sybelles last January and loved it - although they could "chair up" that link from Le Corbier to La Touss and St Sorlin. But I think they may keep drags there cos it get's a bit wind exposed.
I have a general disagreement with the whole drag/slow chair brigade..........a few different lift types adds a bit of variety and a slow lift helps you relax and take in the scenery.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy