Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I just had a bargain offer fall into my lap - 2009 K2 Apache Recon 184cm in very good condition for £40. OK so some of you are probably going to tell me this wasn't a bargain but seemed pretty good to me!

Question I have though is that I normally ski something about a 172 - 178cm length as I am 6ft tall. I like longer skis with a slightly wider width underfoot so I figured this would be about right. Do you think the slightly longer length is going to be an issue?

Thanks

Sid
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kosciosco, don't know what your level of skiing is, but if good intermediate or beyond, 184 should be fine for your height
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be fine, I would have thought. When I learned to ski (admittedly back nearly in the last ice age) you'd have been on about 207cm
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always cut the end off Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robapplegate, rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kosciosco, If they have any bases and edges, have less than 3 sets of binding holes, don't look as if they have been in a boot sale, they are a steal, rate those at about £100.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not too long.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i have 184cm Apache Crossfires, I think they are 2009s, I am 5' 11" and a pretty steady cruiser these days, they suit me fine. Excellent on piste skis, and, if you care (sadly, I do), not everyone else on the chairlift will have them on either.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the thoughts, reckon they look pretty good. They have been untouched living in Libya for two years so I reckon that they may have only been skied on for two weeks in total!

Another question, could anyone recommend a place to go get the checked over and waxed? I'm near MK and Hemel snowdomes, live just north of Hitchin.

Cheers

Sid
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally, I'd get them waxed next time you go to the Alps. The shop should do a binding check too.
Last time I got skis serviced in the UK they were over £25. Paid a fiver in La Norma last year...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bedfordshire is not too far from The Piste Office. You might wish to try there. Bit more than a fiver but frankly, you pays your money...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Personally, I'd get them waxed next time you go to the Alps....Last time I got skis serviced in the UK they were over £25
Er, was that in about 1990? I recently paid a bargain £25 from a local one man band ski servicing outfit - versus about £35-40 in my local ski shop.

Quote:
Paid a fiver in La Norma last year....
What did you get for that?? (Wax and edge only?) It's about €40 for a full service in Tignes - but worth it as the bases come back as good as new.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy