Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Potentially silly question with regards Kids ski's.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right. Apologies in advance if this is a silly question! Blush

I recently purchased some 2nd hand ski's for my 11 year son and for some weird reason (as they are actually a "little" long for him) the binding that they came with wont take his boot size. Is it a relatively easy to reposition the binding onto the base? Would they be able to do it in Tignes on New Years Eve in the afternoon (only getting there at around 4pm on NYE) or should I be looking for someone to do it in the UK before we head out there?

Any reccomendations for someone who could do it in Berkshire?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markoncarp, Just needs redrilling and the old holes filling. Any ski shop that has the jig for your bindings would be able to do it. It would probably be cheaper in Tignes...but if they could do it in time? prob yes to collect next day in morning.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a similar experience myself a couple of years back in PSV with my son's skis. The shop did it no prob but had to leave it with them for a day so if I were you I'd get them sorted before you go, for peace of mind. I wouldn't want to be explaining to an 11 year old he can't ski for a day!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markoncarp, the binding will have some adjustment in it (10mm to 30mm 'ish dependant on model), make sure they are adjusted out to their max before paying to have the binding remounted.

if you do mange to get the boot into the binding make sure the forward pressure isn't dangerously high from squeezing the boot in. Also check how well placed the boot centre indicator is over the mounting line on the ski, too far out will make the ski behave oddly.

i'm sure someone else will be along in a sec to overload you with even more potential problems, it's dead easy really just sounds complicated. A shop in the UK or Tignes should tell you if they can just be adjusted out to fit before they charge you to remount, note i say 'should'.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's certainly adjusted as far out as possible. I'll try to find somewhere local to get it adjusted. Thanks for the replies.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markoncarp, or trawl the web for a printable paper template for your binding. BUT drilling is very iffy without a shouldered bit Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy