Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone had any experience with SOS

Poster: A snowHead
I've had a search of the forums and can not find any mention of SOS Ski wear. A freind of mine has a pair of ski pants (not sure of the exact name), he swears by them, any views on this manufacturer would be most welcome, and who stocks them? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redcbr, They seem to be errr under construction: http://www.sportswearofsweden.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was considered top notch gear back in the 80s, so been around for a good while. Don't hear much about SOS these days, but still see the odd jacket around in the shops.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It was considered top notch gear back in the 80s

Agreed, a mate of mine just picked up an 80's smock style SOS jacket off fleabay for £40 very cool retro look with leather shouder pads as well Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have several pieces of SOS ski clothing. Indestructible and serves its purpose wonderfully. constructed like Volvo cars, it isn't everyone's cup of tea but will keep you warm, dry and happy for a long time. I still use a pait of SOS ski pants I bought in the 80s for about 300 quid - bloody good value for money really.

It was nice and subdued stuff in the 80s compared with a lot of the garish gear that was around. It is still sold and is seen as a respected brand over here in Germany where we still have some horrendous designer nightmares on the market each year for shed loads of dosh!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied in a green SOS softshell for the last few years - it's well built, seems hardwearing and is really well designed (pockets in all the right places, etc.). I think it could probably be warmer, but its fine for all but the worst conditions. Would recommend them if nit super-pricey.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My brother had a SOS jacket in the mid 80s. Was very tough IIRC.

My mum now has one of their top end Gore Soft Shell jackets that was picked up in TKMaxx last season of all places! Great design and looks like they are still producing stuff that's top of the pile.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good gear. Got an acid green number in Verbier a few seasons ago. Got nicked before it had a chance to go wrong, but was bomb proof for the couple of season I had it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent Swedish gear.... less 'snobby' than Peak Performance, and still well designed.
good pockets, place for the lift pass in arm pocket, glass cleaning cloth in a chest pocket, a hood that fits both when down and up. The Pants are good too... some good colours nowadays. Nice soft goretex.

Here I am modelling a set of SOS jacket and pants.... wink

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
coops1967 wrote:
Excellent Far Eastern gear....

Just thought I'd rearrange that for you. Designed in Sweden though (probably). Used to like their smock-style tops and had one of those big lined jumpers with the big triangle on the front. But then everywhere you looked there was someone else wearing the same thing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"keep you dry" ??

you are having a laugh. The 80's kit, which I loved, had wateproofing qualities that Tetley would be proud of.

Dead cool though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, I never had any problems with the water-proofing of my SOS gear. Even today it is still waterproof in that it keeps me warm and dry, no water in but lets the sweat out!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Excellent 'designed by Swedes' gear then....

bought an Oakley jacket once - made in Thailand (where i live)... but not 'widely available' in Bangkok... Razz

Other good scandinavian designed stuff is Helly Hansen, along with the afore mentioned Peak Performance. Not particularly cheap, unless you check Arctery'x prices first as a comaprison.....

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 14-12-11 16:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
"keep you dry" ??

you are having a laugh. The 80's kit, which I loved, had wateproofing qualities that Tetley would be proud of.

Dead cool though.

Really, I'm surprised at that. I never had an SOS jacket but an instructor I knew back in the 80s had one and thought it was the business. I don't recall if it was Goretex or some other proprietory material.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redcbr, Bought one this year, Dermizaz EV, waterproof, taped seams, stretch fabric, lined shell jacket, really easy to wear and well thought out. I like the colour too.Very Happy

ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, How often do you ski in the rain?
ski holidays
I bought a really nice fleece/jumper type of thing in TK MAxx a couple of years ago. It is knitted on the outside and fleece on the inside. Really warm, I do not wear it skiing as it would probably be too warm under a jacket. Very nice quality. I remember at the time they also had some great jackets by SOS in TK Maxx but not in my size. They were also top quality. Their website as mentioned seems to be down and they do not seem to have much of a presence in any online shop.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy