Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl: Best places to eat up the mountain?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am off to Ischgl on Saturday, weather permitting. Any points of view on best places to eat in the ski area, and any to avoid? I have been to the area before, but have only tried a few.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what sort of budget you've got, and if you prefer self-service, or table service. If you're a table-service fan, and are not overly budget-conscious, I could recommend quite a few.

Was there last year (March), and the lunches were one of the highlights of an already excellent holiday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoneyman, Go ahead and recommend the good table service ones. If the weather's brilliant, and table service = too much lost skiing time, I tend to do self service....but if the weather is challenging (& next week's forecast looks pretty unsettled) then I'll stretch to table service
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No probs Very Happy

We ate at 4 places during the 6 days skiing.

My favourite was La Marmotte (upstairs) at Alp Trida on the Swiss side. Definitely the best lunch of the holiday, we ate here twice (once being the last day as it had been our favourite)
Second would be Paznauner Thaya, also ate here twice as it was so good. Also really good for apres ski, although you can only get back to one half of the resort from here, depends where your staying. Also involves a long flat bit which you either pole, or get a boring drag (E5) to get back to resort (don't need to do that after lunch though, there's a chairlift right next to it)).
Thirdly, the upstairs restaurant at Pardorama. Located at the top of the Pardatschgratbahn gondola out of town. Another really nice restaurant, just not quite as nice as the 2 above.

We also went to Bodenalp. This was all right, more of a self-service type place, although the food was cooked to order. But definitely more down the 'sausage and chips' route, although they were good sausages I must admit. Also a really nice location, right at the foot of a huge cliff, at the exttreme end of the ski area.

Not got any places to avoid as they were all good. I think the standard of food on the mountain in general seemed to be of a high standard. Maybe other people can correct me!

Hope that helps Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some photos Very Happy

Alp Trida:

Alp Trida, Samnaun by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

La Marmotte restaurant interior, Alp Trida by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

Paznauner Thaya

Mid-afternoon at Paznauner Thaya, Ischgl by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

Lunchtime at Paznauner Thaya, Ischgl by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

Pardorama

Pardorama Restaurant, Ischgl by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

Pardorama, Ischgl by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr

Bodenalp

Bodenalp, Ischgl by stevenhoneyman, on Flickr
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shoneyman, Thanks - that's really helpful. I think I've eaten in the Paznauner Thaya before. Have recollections of thumping German pop music at sufficient volume to rearrange your internal organs....does that sound the same place? Have skied past the Bodenalp before, always thought it looked interesting but been deterred by the hike up the hill on foot. Will definitely give some of these a try.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Julian T, Thumping German music certainly sounds like the Paznauner Taya. As for Bodenalp you don't have to hike up the hill to get to it. If you keep to the left the piste takes you straight to it but you'll need to get a bit of speed up. Talking of Bodenalp the chair taking you up the cliff is relatively new, used to be a drag lift from hell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy