Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self Catering Chalet for 16 to 20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a large group hol for next Easter with a mix of couples and kids. Having never organised a large group trip before I'm not sure where the best place to look is for a chalet this size and wondered if anyone can recommend me a place.

Looking for something at high altitude as it will be late in the season, so Tignes, Les Arcs, Val Thoren, Kutai, Cervinia, etc etc.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were looking to go down this route for next year as well, I looked on http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Found loads of good sized chalets for our group (of 12) and at reasonable prices. Problem we found is that by the time we added everything up, flights (no way were we driving), transfers, food etc it only came in at £200 quid cheaper (for my family) compared to a catered chalet with a TO Shocked

Needless to say we went with the easy option and have got sole use of catered chalet, flights, transfers etc for £568 per person.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
transfers are very often the killer unless you get them down to around £80 pp or less. my experience is that you can better quality doing DIY chalet, DIY transfer and flights and a small cost saving but there are also risks attached and I would only now book a chalet that take credit card bookings to protect in the event of private operator going bust as sadly happened to us.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.chalet-altitude.com/en/ I have booked 5 bedroomed apartments from them in Arc 2000 and La Rosiere. I know they have bigger ones at Arc 2000 and probably at Val Thorens, but I don`t know if they have one large enough for your requirements. I think there is a bit of a shortage of large group self-catering accommodation at high altitude.

They are currently offering a 10 percent early booking reduction in price and are a lovely Company to deal with, at full occupancy their accommodation is a good price.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, "operator going bust" much less of a problem with s/c and you'll find far fewer s/c owners accepting credit cards.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CaravanSkier, i think it's not so easy to find quality accom for large groups anywhere...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickr, i'm sending you a PM
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
dan100, "operator going bust" much less of a problem with s/c and you'll find far fewer s/c owners accepting credit cards.

Dont disagree - should say I have our place here in the Uk tht we let out in pembrokeshire and I wouldnt take a cC booking
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some good info as always, thanks guys.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy