Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packing for a season

Poster: A snowHead
No. 1 cost centre is packing for her season, supposed to be a max of 20Kg apparently, in case
they need to fly back.
She just asked me to weigh her bag, it's 36Kg Shocked

How the hell can you get 5 months gear into a bag weighing 20Kg Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody ever really flies back... Unless you're a driver/manager. Even then she can just post the extra weight back. I wouldn't worry too much... Think my bag was 35kg or something?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
provenjohn, easy. Pack and then take out everything that you consider "nice". You will end up wearing the same stuff all season regardless.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm having the same dilema for my 4 month stint in Canada. I thionk I'm just going to bite the bullet and take an extra bag!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
provenjohn wrote:
How the hell can you get 5 months gear into a bag weighing 20Kg Puzzled
Well, you don't, you pack for one week as normal and then you have to do something called "washing".
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
depending on what she is doing, if she is working for one of the big tour operators they normally fly you back on one of their charters, and normally don't have much of weight limit but just tell everybody you can only have so much.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't take anything you can reasonably buy - t shirts, shampoo etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
provenjohn, have a look at what she proposes to take. Remove all the surplus shoes and anything which looks like some sort of evening wear.

Packing list:
1 pair ski trousers, 3 pairs ski socks, 2 sets thermals, 1 x beanie, neckwarmer, gloves, goggles

2 pairs jeans, 3 fleeces/jumpers, 6 tops/T-shirts, lots socks, bras, pants. Some sort of pyjama arrangement.

Black shoes/whatever else she's been told he needs for work.

Flipflops (think skanky staff bathrooms shared with boys).

Toiletries, pointless girly faff (hair straighteners/drier, makeup etc etc)

Laptop, headphones, MP3 player, phone

Written instructions regarding how to use a washing machine.

She will spent 90% of her time in ski gear or staff uniform and the rest falling over in bars while wearing jeans and a hoody.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:
provenjohn, have a look at what she proposes to take. Remove all the surplus shoes and anything which looks like some sort of evening wear.

Packing list:
1 pair ski trousers, 3 pairs ski socks, 2 sets thermals, 1 x beanie, neckwarmer, gloves, goggles

2 pairs jeans, 3 fleeces/jumpers, 6 tops/T-shirts, lots socks, bras, pants. Some sort of pyjama arrangement.

Black shoes/whatever else she's been told he needs for work.

Flipflops (think skanky staff bathrooms shared with boys).

Toiletries, pointless girly faff (hair straighteners/drier, makeup etc etc)

Laptop, headphones, MP3 player, phone

Written instructions regarding how to use a washing machine.

She will spent 90% of her time in ski gear or staff uniform and the rest falling over in bars while wearing jeans and a hoody.

Great list, the only amendment I would suggest is that she has a weeks worth of ski socks so she can use them as normal day socks and not get cold feet and only wash on her day off.

Plus a pair of slippers (not those dreaded Ugg things)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Johnnies
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
galpinos, they give those out in resort for free.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They never did in Flaine when I was young, fun and doing seasons. How times change. I seem to remember they were quite expensive.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
galpinos, it's the anti-AIDS people. They don't have a very high opinion of seasonnnaires. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lay out everything she plans to take. Remove half of it. She now still has more than she needs.
If she take everything she wants to, the chances are she won't have the storage space for it in her staff accommodation, anyway.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe I missed it on Lizzard's list, but I would also bring (wear, not pack) a warm ski jacket with a removable lining for spring (my Double whammy jacket was perfect as it was really two jackets that could be worn together or each separately). I would also add a 2nd pair of ski pants/trowsers and gloves.
snow report
MEfree30, it was a packing list, not a wearing one - I assumed she'd be dressed when she got on the plane. Laughing
ski holidays
The girl running the hotel in Tignes last week obviously hadn't seen this advice. She seemed to get changed into something glam/short a couple of times each evening Shocked
latest report
Lizzard wrote:

Packing list:

you forgot - english 4 way plug socket with 1x french adaptor, then can power phone & laptop charger, hair dryer and tongs/straightners or what have you at the same time...
latest report
I dont advise packing too lightly.

Im not a vain guy but I miss the choice in clothes etc

2 pairs of jeans isnt enough

but one set of ski jacket-ski pants is IMO
snow conditions
Thanks peeps, down to 31KG now, that'll do wink
latest report
Just buy everything in the resort.
snow report
provenjohn, sounds like a perfect excuse for Dad to pop over for a Pre-Xmas trip Smile
snow report
provenjohn, consider one of these is you're flying nastyjet. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310237457290?var=610007168641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 plus a egualtion 56/45/25 cabin case fully packed with small heavy stuff.
Cool
ski holidays
galpinos, Daddy?? Puzzled Embarassed
latest report
When I did a season in 05/06 we went by coach, which I was dreading until I realised It meant to luggage restrictions! I still took WAY to much stuff I never needed - hair tongs anyone? Strange white snow boots that were as much use as a shoe made of tissues! Jeans, Joggers and Hoodies!
ski holidays
Quote:

can power phone & laptop charger, hair dryer and tongs/straightners or what have you at the same time...

Only if you want to blow the main trip switch. Laughing

Quote:

2 pairs of jeans isnt enough

Yes it is - I did multiple seasons on no more than that. You wear uniform all morning, ski gear all day, uniform all evening again. Jeans for a few hours max after work if you're going out (which people don't every night of the week, contrary to popular belief). A man who would prioritise jeans over skiwear is clearly some kind of metrosexual.

provenjohn, she's still packed too much. People go out with 20kg every year and survive on it quite easily. They do come back with skis, snowboard and two pairs of boots though, which can cause a bit of a headache.
ski holidays
Did 5 months in Canada last year on 20kgs plus skis and boots. You really don't need anything other than ski gear, warm comfy clothes for hanging around the accommodation and a pair of jeans/pants for the odd evening. 30+kgs is too much!!
ski holidays
Lizzard, we can disagree but dont be a cunt. You know little to nothing about me so dont make any assumptions or insinute anything please.

There is so little space to hang clothes with everyones work and ski stuff needing to dry almost every day I feel it would be useful to have another pair of trousers so I dont have to do a wash so often.

On your multiple seasons did you take more than one set of ski pants+jacket? If so why was that necessary? They take up a lot of space and a lot of people would agree one set is enough.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, She's gone with 32Kg, there were lots of people there with more than that rolling eyes
snow report
provenjohn, there always are. Laughing
snow conditions
Hmmm - the first SnowExpress bus of the season arrived in resort on Saturday half full of seasonaires and totally full of baggage..... I think the message to pack light hadn't quite filtered through there either!
ski holidays
Don't usually agree with Lizzard but if any man needs more than 2 pairs of jeans something is up Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Skola wrote:
Lizzard, we can disagree but dont be a ****. You know little to nothing about me so dont make any assumptions or insinute anything please.

The only thing we know is that you are exceptionally rude and foul mouthed (fingered? Wink ). That is no way to address Lizzard, you should be ashamed of yourself.

rolling eyes
latest report
Use the c-word towards anyone you're asking for a slap, towards a woman you deserve a good kicking. Grow the hell up and grow a spine you foul mouthed little disrespectful idiot.
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, it's only a word. Be reassured that I am not mortally wounded, though it could be said that it was a bit OTT rude when all I did was tease him about being a metrosexual. Possibly I should have stuck a laughy thing in as well. Or maybe he's lurking in the closet and is sensitive. Who knows? This being the interwhatsit I can't know about his hangups any more than he can tell what sex I am.
snow report
Alans deep bath wrote:
Don't usually agree with Lizzard but if any man needs more than 2 pairs of jeans something is up Toofy Grin

That coming from a man who owns a Gucci-or-whatever man bag Laughing
ski holidays
Was a little easier with my lad, I dropped all his gear off on the way to the PSB. But he still flew with 20kg bag and another set of skis.

I wonder how he is going to get all his gear back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin OK when is the last week of the season again Very Happy
snow conditions
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
Use the c-word towards anyone you're asking for a slap, towards a woman you deserve a good kicking. Grow the hell up and grow a spine you foul mouthed little disrespectful idiot.

Go get im girl, I like your style Toofy Grin
ski holidays
livetoski, these people do seasonnaire rates beginning and end of the season: http://www.pisteofmind.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy