Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles - Again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after some goggles for very sunny days. I wear a helmet and in the sun wear my sun glasses, in flat light orange or yellow goggles. I'd like some goggle for very sunny conditions, espcially when there is powder and I'm worried about loosing my sunnies. Also when its really cold I prefer goggles.

Now what do I get?

I'd like some really mirrored ones to look cool, but when I went to Oakley they said that just the dark polarized ones are better in really bright conditions.

Are there any better ones to get that are mirrored?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
k1orange,
Quote:
when I went to Oakley they said that just the dark polarized ones are better in really bright conditions.
Maybe they have a point Puzzled

These look tempting as they are glasses made to look like goggles http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Large-Mens-Shield-Blue-Frame-Sunglasses-Mirror-Lens-Ski-Fashion-Shades-/320806048922?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item4ab187d49a rolling eyes

Alternatively you could go to ski department at Bookers who might possibly advise that the mirrored lenses are actually cool like you say Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jivebaby, nice! Cool

k1orange, I've historically used an Oakley gold iridium goggle lense which are sort of semi-mirrored. I've just bought a grey polarized pair after using Oakley polarized sunglasses for 18 months including some non-skiing time in snowy conditions. Forget how you look, you will never see more clearly in bright conditions than through a pair of these. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can not beat polarized, if you can afford them, but Oakley iridium coatings are very good; check out the Oakley outlet that is based at Gunwharf Quay, Portsmouth, and on the web. They had an A frame grey polarized for under £ 100 last week, as long as you are not too fussy about the colour of the goggles. Sorry, I cant remember web site.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, dark polarized lenses are great for sunny days. Bought mine in resort so probably paid over the odds but they are superb. I hate skiing in sunglasses and normal goggles are not great in really bright conditions, but these are excellent.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
k1orange, Any of the Oakley range with changable lenses will be perfect.

Somthing like the new Airbrake would be spot on with Fire Iridium or / dark polarized for the sunny days and Pink Iriduum for the low light days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are not a brand snob, look for a pair of Bolle Modulators, they react to different light levels, more sun more tint, less sun less tint.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cstreat wrote:
Sorry, I cant remember web site.

here it is: http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/

Good site and fast delivery.. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2nd that for the Bolle Modulator lenses. Got them for last years trip and we had gorgeous weather in Tignes. Never felt the need for anything other that whole week as the lens reacts to the lighting conditions. Combine this with the great anti fogging and ventillation and they were a much better pair of goggles than the price suggested. They were quite a good price at Snow & Rock last January. Approx £60 i think.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bolle Modulators are great - but I have always preferred Oakleys. They just feel better built and a bit higher quality (you do pay for them though!).

I use Oakley Fire Polarised lenses on Crowbar frames for very sunny days, and they are completely brilliant; you get the polarised clarity, but also the mirror finish. The Fire is a bit flashy though - you might want to see which other of their mirror lenses can come in a polarised version if you want something a bit quieter). I have a second pair of lenses to change for cloudy days (High Intensity Yellow - again very good).

On another note, I have found that Oakley goggles fit with my Bern helmet better than any other brand - great ventilation, no distortion and very comfortable. Another reason I bought them - if you wear a helmet, try the goggles with it first, to make sure the fit is comfortable...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
£24.99 delivered and there are cheaper and more expensive ones on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-Modulator-Ski-Snow-Goggles-Vermillion-Lens-NEW-/290637983928?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_GogglesSunglasses_JN&hash=item43ab5fb0b8
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins,
Quote:

If you are not a brand snob

Its not brand snobery with Oakleys it is incredible product backed up with amazing customer service and a life time warrenty from Defects.

After 5 years the foam around my wisdom's seperared, they sent me a new pair for free. Diffrent colour though! With Oakley you really do get what you pay for.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fattes13,

I am not suggesting anyone is heaven forbid.

With Bolle after ten years of use they sent a swiss masseur round wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oakley are overpriced and scratch at the drop of a hat but they are decent. I'd check out scott and smith instead, both good brands.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy