Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La neige arrive 'normalement' semaine prochaine!!!! Chamonix 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Now people calm the f~@k down.
http://www.chamonix.net/english/news/2011-11-24.htm

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 26-11-11 15:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tres Bon
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I told you those balloons meant something!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bump for sense.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mais oui, naturellement. The PSB is next week and we all know admin is the snow god wink

says she with everything crossed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is the chance of snow yes, but i'm cautious to trust the judgement of people who's lively hoods are dependent on people booking holiday's...and not on the accuracy of there weather forecasts Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So the cold weather is coming from Canada, always said Canada was the place to go for snow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Note to self: don't go there, don't go there, don't go there.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

(I feel better now.)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio wrote:
I told you those balloons meant something!

Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cantridepete wrote:
There is the chance of snow yes, but i'm cautious to trust the judgement of people who's lively hoods are dependent on people booking holiday's...and not on the accuracy of there weather forecasts Wink

The source is Meteo France, the weapon of choice for serious alpine climbers etc.
Usual caveats apply re how far in the future it is.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pedantica wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

(I feel better now.)

Very Happy
Well controlled!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ALQ, thank you Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Italian forcast sites are predicting snow in early December too.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
cantridepete wrote:

The source is Meteo France, the weapon of choice for serious alpine climbers etc.
Usual caveats apply re how far in the future it is.

it originated from an article in le dauphine that i posted on the weather thread yesterday. The english version seems to have something of a more optimistic feel to it though.
ski holidays
homers double wrote:
Italian forcast sites are predicting snow in early December too.

Snow? In December? Surely you jest. Whoever heard of such a thing!
ski holidays
cantridepete wrote:

it originated from an article in le dauphine that i posted on the weather thread yesterday. The english version seems to have something of a more optimistic feel to it though.

Sorry I missed that.

The snow condition reports for Scotland used to be so outrageously up beat they where funny but useless. I have always found Meteo Chamonix (not the source) extremely reliable, even stating the level of confidence.
latest report
Do I sense people getting giddy?
snow report
I predict ouef sur visage
ski holidays
As far as I can see they're predicting a rather small amount of snow (or possibly rain) for the middle of next week.
snow report
http://france.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-france/ville/previsions-meteo-annecy-141-0.php

Snow in the town on Monday 5th!

However, the situation is only slightly better ("snow showers") somewhere like Tignes.

http://montagne.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-alpes-du-nord/station-montagne/previsions-meteo-tignes-le-lac-1474-0.php

So the medium term forecast is still mainly "I hope it's cold enough for them to run the snow cannons".
ski holidays
For GOD'S SAKE paulio will you PLEASE stop trolling!
latest report
Wenesday 30th November I'm thinking is the start of it! Very Happy

Monday 5th is way far too far out to predict in any reliable form. Even predicting for the 30th is borderline.
latest report
Pedantica wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

(I feel better now.)

Your self-control is admirable! Laughing
snow conditions
Hope they are right. It's been fantastic through Autumn, so the thousands of builders who pass my door morning and night can get up to continue the good but en-retard work in Avoriaz. First week in December is fine, but we need lots of it then on a regular basis.
-6 when I left for GVA this morning, so the ground is cooling nicely ready to accept a good base.
Bring it on.
ski holidays
have they still got them bears up the scaffolding in Avoriaz or have they finished the work now?
ski holidays
paulio, av a word he may be able to do the ottery numbers if you give him more balloons. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, I just googled 'ottery' to find something with which to extract the michael... and it turns out that the top result was the National Lottery.... have to say I'm suitably impressed Laughing
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, noooh, Otters much more reliable Laughing
ski holidays
From Meteo Cham, seasons first mention of snow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL THURSDAY DECEMBER 01 2011

Tuesday : sunny - cold in the morning. Wednesday : cloudy from the northwest - dry. Thursday : fairly sunny in the morning - getting colder - becoming overcast in the afternoon - snow towards the evening. Outlook is still uncertain.

Forecast reliability : fairly good until Tuesday - poor thereafter."
snow report
If you get told in French about anything which is going to happen "normalement" you need to listen out for the (normally unvoiced) "mais.......".

As in "Normalement la nouvelle télésiége sera ouverte avant Noel....."

I've come to the conclusion that in most circumstances the best translation of "normalement" is "hopefully". Related, I supposed, to the English use of "normative" rather than "normal". wink

If any French person tells you something you wish for will happen "normalement" be afraid. Be very afraid.
snow conditions
pam w, absolutely right. I've always loved that word! Very Happy
snow report
*hopeful face, preparing for crushing disappointment*
snow report
Yeah, "normalement" definitely means "barring any un-foreseen circumstances" rather than "normally"!

Normalement, je dois etre capable de sauter cette barre... Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy