Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Niseko end of Jan, woo hoo!

On a downside, the lift pass is 300 quid for 7 days, which is making my eyes water...

2 years ago according to an article in the Telegraph it was 150 quid. Ouch.

Any tips etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bet your flight is cheaper than ours would be though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1 wrote:
I'm off to Niseko end of Jan, woo hoo!

On a downside, the lift pass is 300 quid for 7 days, which is making my eyes water...

2 years ago according to an article in the Telegraph it was 150 quid. Ouch.

Any tips etc?

Maybe a little more than 2 years ago it was around 150 quid. But this is about the strength of the yen not an increase in ticket prices in Niseko.

Today's exchange rate is 119 yen to the pound. When I first went to Niseko in December 2006, it was 258 yen to the pound.

Depending on your ability and what you're looking for, the Grand Hirafu pass may be a better option for the majority of your stay.

A 5-day Grand Hirafu pass covering Hirafu and Hanazono is JPY 21,000 (175 quid).

This would cover you for the majority of the best skiing in the area, the hike to the peak and the skiing from the peak down through Jacksons and out to Hanazono. For the other two days you could buy a day pass to cover Niseko Village and Annupuri and still come out cheaper than the 7-day Niseko United pass.

Or alternatively try the nearby resorts of Rusutsu or Moiwa for the day.

If all you're looking to do is access the backcountry from the peak gates, then your best bet is the 30-hr ticket at JPY 20,400 (170 quid).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow, thanks for the tip.

I'm quite good, but most of my group are early / mid intermediates. Do you think the whole area pass would not be worth it for them then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Niseko Village is quite steep and narrow for nervous intermediates.

Annupuri has some glorious low angle, wide pistes for hero turns.

More than enough terrain in Grand Hirafu (Hirafu and Hanazono) for early / mid intermediates for 3-4 days.

And a day trip to Rusutsu is recommended for the ability of your group.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy