Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passenger rights in case of rescheduled flight

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I recently received an e-mail from the airline (Austrian Airways) that our flight to Innsbruck (via Vienna) has been changed to a Lufthansa flight via Frankfurt instead. While the flight itself shouldn't pose a problem, there's an unfortunate side-effect that we are arriving in Innsbruck several hours later than previously planned. This narrows down our options for the connection quite a bit. (Going to Serfaus). We'll probably be forced to ride a taxi for at least part of the trip and arriving at around 20:00.

What really annoys me is that the lazy afternoon for getting the tickets, unpacking, preparing the kit, checking the kit, re-checking the kit and early to bed has gone out the window.

Does anyone know if we can request the airline to compensate us in any way? Eg. a ride from Innsbruck to Serfaus would be nice, esp. with kids.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm presuming you booked independently rather than as part of a package in which case you have 0 chance of compensation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need to check the terms and conditions that apply to your booking, but from the public side of the website:

"If, after purchase of the ticket, a significant change to the scheduled flight time is made which is not acceptable to our passenger, and we are unable to book the passenger on an alternative acceptable flight, he/she will be entitled to a refund."

So you could ask for a refund, and it depends on their view of significant.

If however, you are within 2 weeks of travel then EC Directive 261/2004 applies, details here:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:046:0001:0007:EN:PDF
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I've been offered a refund, so the airline is doing the right thing. This flight is really our only chance of getting to Innsbruck currently, as prices have gone up by 300%-500% (Munich & Zurich are still options, but I prefer Innsbruck.)

Iow, we're not taking the refund, we're flying.

Just wondering if anyone ever experienced the airline going the extra mile to get you there in time and maybe compensate for extra costs incurred? Somebody might call this shooting all the angles in hope of freebies. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SkiingDad, Bob Hope & no hope. If airlines let themselves in for contingent compensation then there'd be huge claims virtually every flight. If they've offered up what they are legally obliged to you're probably ahead of the game.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob,
Well, I've nagged my way to compensation for missing a train due to a late flight. The circumstances were indeed different, but still...

Blam! goes the angle. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy