Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DPS Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Long shot but does anyone know if there are any stockists in the UK (or France)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this wasn't so hard was it:

http://dpsskis.com/company/dealerlist
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
DPS founder, Stephan Drake, is spending his second season in Las Leñas, Argentina. He is on Rossignol Viper skis, 60-something mm underfoot. After a 1-meter storm, he makes his 100th over-the-head face shot turn down Eduardos. He collapses in a pile of exhausted sweat at the bottom. His pro snowboarder roommate ollies over him at 50 mph and slashes a huge wave feature at the bottom couloir exit. Stephan wants freedom from the fall line, and ponders quitting skiing and taking up snowboarding.

I didn't like Vipers either Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno wrote:

Already tried that. None in the UK (which would be my prefernce) and having searched the French websites, most don't appear to stock DPS.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monotokpoint wrote:
Arno wrote:

Already tried that. None in the UK (which would be my prefernce) and having searched the French websites, most don't appear to stock DPS.

There's your answer then, none in the UK!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
does anyone stock them,Id of thought they were all pretty much ordered only.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
monotokpoint, order from the website.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
monotokpoint wrote:
Arno wrote:

There's your answer then, none in the UK!

Given how inaccurate the dealer list is on the website is, I was hoping that may not be the case
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999 wrote:
monotokpoint, order from the website.

Looks like I may have to. Oh well Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's wrong with that? I've twice bought skis over the 'net from the US. No problems at all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gliss attitude definitely had them in last season and I know sideshow bob saw some in the CHX valley (maybe Chalet Pelerins.) you would probably be best to phone the shops listed because who knows when they will get stock in?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just bought some from the website and they're going to be shipped this week. Probably best to buy while they've still got stock.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
which ones are you after? I know someone who had green Pure 112 RPs in 190 available in London for a good price (would need to check if he still has them, DPS had sent him two pairs by mistake so not sure if he returned them)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
What's wrong with that? I've twice bought skis over the 'net from the US. No problems at all.

Nothing at all, done it a couple of times too, but always nice to see them in the flesh before I cough up several hundred bucks Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
monotokpoint, you will not be disappointed when you open the box Cool
snow conditions
I think you may be right Arno Very Happy I've dropped Chalet Perelins an email too, thanks for that.

horizon, Looking for the 112 RP's but 190 will be a bit long for me unfortunately Sad
snow report
Arno, Got a response from Chalet Perelins and now have some on order! Thanks for the tip snowHead
snow report
monotokpoint, enjoy!
ski holidays
Arno,
la la la.. must stay out of Escape Route.. la la la...
snow report
monotokpoint wrote:
I think you may be right Arno Very Happy I've dropped Chalet Perelins an email too, thanks for that.

horizon, Looking for the 112 RP's but 190 will be a bit long for me unfortunately Sad

Keep in mind they ski shorter than traditional skis...a shorter than average friend who is a strong skier loves his Whaler 112 hybrids in a 190 (yellow ones)...he has a lot of gear and most of his others skis are shorter
snow conditions
horizon wrote:
which ones are you after? I know someone who had green Pure 112 RPs in 190 available in London for a good price (would need to check if he still has them, DPS had sent him two pairs by mistake so not sure if he returned them)

Me likey Razz Could deffo be interested if still available??
latest report
horizon, if barry doesn't have them I will Toofy Grin
latest report
Saw an array of DPS Wailer 112RP's at at the Scottish Ski Show yesterday. Beautiful looking things. The Hybrids were surprisingly light and the Pures were astonishly light. The "if ordered at show" prices were £599 for the Hybrids and £799 or £899 (can't quite remember) for the Pures. They were next to the Action Outdoors stand marketed by a new dealer in Chamonix who has demo skis. I guess they might be at the London Show next week too. Here's the link from the card she gave me:

http://www.chalet-in-chamonix.co.uk/dps-skis.aspx

I was very very tempted even though I have no real need for such a ski.
latest report
Got my hands on the 112RPs today and I'm not sure I have a need for any other ski in my life ever. Definite want.
ski holidays
Also saw these at the Scottish ski show.

The blue carbon ones were amazing - dunno if they are worth £300 nicker more then the standard yellow ones though. Pics don't do them justice in the flesh, they look sculpted and voluptuous. I want them too!
ski holidays
One set of Hybrid 112's ordered and collecting on Thursday evening! BOOM! Now need to find some bindings...
snow report
Anybody help out with some advice on length and bindings...........

I've progressed last couple of years from Apache Recons to 176 Dynastar big troubles to 173 Icelantic Shamans so have ordered the 184 112 RP hybrids as am only 5'7'' but a hefty 95 Kgs and generally stick to lift served with the odd foray off cat skiing. I keep wondering whether should have gone for the 190s but everything I read on here, Epic and TGR suggested there wasn't a huge difference between the 184 and 190s, so I erred, to my mind on the side of caution as these will be the only ski I carry with me when travelling and must be more relaxed on piste than Shamans Wink . Will that 6 cm difference make such a notable difference other than charging?

I'm planning to switch my Dukes to the 112s, but have heard some opinions that its a waste to put such a heavy binding on the hybrid. My theory is that I've found the Duke to be solid so far and figured the height would help crank them over on piste. Any one running Dukes or similar on their DPS offer a view?

Thanks
latest report
Own 3 pairs of DPS ( Embarassed ) - Lotus 120s, 112s and Wailer 105s. I have quiver killer inserts drilled for Dukes on all of them. On the 105s I also have holes for Dynafits

I think the light weight is a nice aspect of DPS skis but not the main point of them. With that in mind, put whatever binding you are most happy with on them

On length, I skied in Chile with a guy with similar stats to you (maybe a bit lighter.) He's a good technical skier with a racing background. He had the 184s and was very pleased with them so I wouldn't worry too much about your choice
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno,

I could almost kiss you -but would probably be very sloppy due to drooling over your collection!!! Wink Was also planning killers for the dukes this year, but hadn't noticed anyone in UK or on forum had done same. Real nice to hear your views on 184s - now I only need to worry about how to explain to the missus that her Xmas present DPS Yvettes were such good value (relatively speaking) that I had to buy a pair of DPS for myself Smile Thanks.
snow report
Just read your post again and I noticed you are getting the hybrids which I believe are lightish but not as light as the pures. So putting dukes is even less of an issue unless you really want to shed some weight in the binding
snow report
ledge wrote:
Also saw these at the Scottish ski show.

The blue carbon ones were amazing - dunno if they are worth £300 nicker more then the standard yellow ones though. Pics don't do them justice in the flesh, they look sculpted and voluptuous. I want them too!

What are these 'blue ones' you speak of? And now I'm not sure from those thread if there is indeed stock somewhere in the UK? I just ordered the wailer 112 purse from the US and they did not tell me I would be able to buy them at the London show!? It would have been nice to avoid the shipping and extra tax!!

So what's the deal?
ski holidays
Alans deep bath wrote:
Got my hands on the 112RPs today and I'm not sure I have a need for any other ski in my life ever. Definite want.

Listen to yourselves...until DPS introduce a newer model just like Apple wink
ski holidays
I think the blue ones are the yvettes. I just saw carbon on the display ones and thought that was the pure model. Shame cos I quite like the blue Sad If I got yellow i would have to change my WHOLE outfit to match Laughing
ski holidays
ledge, I've had to do just that!
latest report
I will have to wait till they bring some more colour into the range, until then I'm happy with green skis and white dots. wink
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Alans deep bath wrote:

Listen to yourselves...until DPS introduce a newer model just like Apple wink

Quoted for truth. Just a few weeks ago he was courting starvation to buy WDF Directors.

I've only ever seen DPS skis in pics and they look interesting. Wouldn't mind demoing a pair some day.
snow report
I think the Directors have just become a stop-gap in the journey to fulfilment of my now carbon fibre based ski dreams. Anyone want to buy a Luis V suitcase? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ludwigk
The tags on the skis at the Scottish show said "if ordered at show" rather than "purchased" so I assumed that they were not carrying stock in the UK. Check out via the email address on the link I posted above.
I'm pretty certain that the "blues ones" were Wailer Pures rather than Yvettes.
ski holidays
I bought a pair of Pure wailers direct from DPS and after a bit of a delay they offered to ship them to France for free. All the way through the DPS customer service was excellent and the ski's are the most beautiful things you'll ever ski.

I think the blue ones are the womens model, identical except for the lengths they are available in.

Does anyone have any experience of the best mounting position for a pair of Dynafit Radicals. I am not sure on the bes tposition and don't really want to have to move them once mounted.
snow report
jamesbrocklehurst, I have mounted my recent DPS on the line. Consensus seems to be that you are unlikely to want to go behind the line but some people like to go a little forward
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy