Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looks like no snow what to do?

Poster: A snowHead
Going to France in 11 days time. Theres no snow apart from manmade sheet ice, so no skiing, what else is there to do? We are going near Les Arcs if that makes any difference.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flip Crawford2, stay at home if your going to be that negative, I'm pretty sure Les Arcs will be fine, recent REAL snowheads reports say that the skiing is good, plenty of snow.

Keep an eye on this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382&start=960

to quote from there

Quote:
The pistes we skied today across the Paradiski area were all in a firm hard and compact condition with some icy patches, especially coming into lifts and on the steeper slopes. Overall the conditions are still holding up well across the whole area despite the lack of real snow since 13th Jan and there are plenty of places to ski where you can have fun. The boardercross in La Plagne was good and even the route back to the VE was ok on the north facing slopes above Les Coches.

Over the next few days, my advice is follow the sun and keep to the snow canon routes lower down as the warmer temps will make all these areas quite skiable.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
read the weather outlook on this webpage and pray that the snow comes from the 14th if not god help us all for half term week
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, Just so, too many naysayers out there at the moment.

Flip Crawford2,
Quote:

near Les Arcs

be more specific and you'll get some constructive suggestions for fellow posters with good local knowledge
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Haddock, It's also near a place caled La Rosseera,
kitenski, I'd like to stay home 'cos it all sounds so crap but I have to go. Those peeps on that other thread sound like they are trying to kid themselves do they work for the ski holiday shops?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eastern Europe, Japan and Canada are doing pretty well if you happen to have a spare A380... I expect it will be another late season catch up for central and French resorts though. We have been having huge dumps of snow through April and May these last few years, becoming a bit of a pattern. Mind you we got a good dump here (French Pyrenees), last week which is keeping things good but still not as much as a "normal" year if there is such a thing... Bit of a pain the old school holidays issue preventing last minute ski trips to the places that have just had snow... If you are glued to the long range forecasts it does look like a decent depression orriginating off the Southern tip of Greenland could be strolling across the Atlantic bringing the white stuff in 10 days to 2 weeks time... just have to hope that it isn't deflected by the big high pressure system that is set up over Spain (like the last time)...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
been snowing heavilly here in Scotland all morning, even at sea level....

....oh that does not help sorry Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some perspective is needed. Variable and little snowfall should be seen as just a part of what we experience in snowsports. As skiers and snowboarders we just have to get on with it, make the best of what we have and accept that this is what happens in the mountains. It was pretty much the same from 1985-1990 and one just has to adopt a philosophical disposition. There is plenty of snow, in fact, but it's not corduroy or powder. Enjoy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevin mcclean, yeah, great but whatelse is there to do?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go to Bourg St Maurice for the day-it's nice! Try snow-shoe walking, get over to La Plagne and have a crack at the 1992 Bobsleigh run. Have a go at parapente, ice skating at Arc 2000, go over to Le Pre or Villaroger for a rustic lunch, get a guide out to ski away from the yo-yo stuff at Arc 1800.

Purpose built ski resorts are really designed for skiing and little else but I hope this helps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevin mcclean, Thanks thats more like it. Is there a shopping mall to hang around?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Theres no snow apart from manmade sheet ice, so no skiing,

I live near Les Arcs and I ski/snowboard almost every day. No offense meant, but this is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. Plus the forecast looks promising for next week anyway.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
on the back of this thread, i've just cancelled my family ski trip to france in March...

have i done the right thing Puzzled

snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, Yep best thing, Scotland is having France's snow at the moment Laughing snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

It's also near a place caled La Rosseera
Quote:

kevin mcclean, Thanks thats more like it. Is there a shopping mall to hang around?

Er, does anyone else get the impression that Flip Crawford2 may be taking the pee? Of course there is snow, of course there is skiing - and as has been mentioned by other snowHead - there are still some decent reports coming out of France. Not to mention that temperatures have been low enough for snow cannons to be topping things up.
snow report
Flip Crawford2, Take lessons! As you cant ski manmade sheet ice, learn to! It is just one of the variables you will find out on the slopes and to be a good skier you will have to learn to ski all of them! You will get more out of your holiday when you improve!
ski holidays
shoogly, You know it was the ONLY thing to do wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Thanks thats more like it. Is there a shopping mall to hang around?

OK, I bit... Embarassed

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Theres no snow apart from manmade sheet ice

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled who told you that? It's nonsense. I have been skiing for 3 hours this morning - at maximum altitude 2000m, and many of the runs I skied had NO manmade snow at all. The pistes were fine (the ones which are not, are closed, but they are a small minority which suffer from a poor aspect and have had too much sun).

Some of the runs with snow cannons do have particularly nice snow, as they have been "topped up" since the last snowfall. Some hard hard snow but I encountered no ice at all (though there will certainly be some ice on runs at a lower altitude - I didn't go down there).

Les Arcs has plenty of high altitude skiing.

Quote:

temperatures have been low enough for snow cannons to be topping things up.

not for a few days now, but the snow is holding up OK and the piste-bashers have been doing a fine job.
snow report
Quote:

Those peeps on that other thread sound like they are trying to kid themselves do they work for the ski holiday shops?

I'd suggest you be a bit less rude if you expect to get any constructive advice round here. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
ski holidays
Looks like no snow what to do? Take up trolling. It will make you a sad git with no friends and not much of a life, but it's an option if you're not a good enough skier to cope with a bit of natural hardpack.
snow conditions
kitenski, sorry wink
ski holidays
Try an Ice climbing lesson? Can be good fun.
latest report
Flip Crawford2, is it a slow day in the office Laughing Laughing

Best include ice skates in your quiver, they'll be better than skis in the current conditions.
latest report
How did no-one say drinking?!

Trolls are gay unless they are actually witty or funny.
latest report
I'm told I can go Fishing in the Lake at Bourg. Very Happy Laughing

Thanks for the pm, but I have had more insults in the playground at school. wink
latest report
Flip Crawford2, did someone go to the trouble of pm'ing you? Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can you pm someone without an email address and thus are "down a crevasse"? Just asking.

snowHead
snow conditions
Flip Crawford2, Yep, you're right, waste of time you going, I'll give you £50 for your travel
& accommodation Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Chris Bish, nope, but you could try PM'ing the owner of the sock.
snow report
Gosh, the famous Flip Crawford of Natives ubertroll fame! Hasn't grown up yet, I see. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Flip Crawford2, there's plenty of snow and it's perfectly skiable. You are, as ever, a clueless adolescent.
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
...Flip Crawford2, ... You are, as ever, a clueless adolescent.

Harsh but fair IMV Laughing
snow report
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Is there anything worse than being a failed troll?
ski holidays
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Flip Crawford2, you could always play Pooh sticks on the Billy Goat Bridge.
ski holidays
Dubaian, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Whether this thread was sheer trolling or not there are people who believe this sh!te and who pass it on. Having seen it all too often in Scotland, this utter crap damages real livelihoods and businesses for no good reason. Also to be blunt, some of the threads on here this season suggest some folk should look to enhance their abilities and range of skiing skills, instead of looking for the resort to massage their egos! *ducks*
snow report
Winterhighland, well said! I totally agree with those sentiments
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy