Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed Transfers from Salt Lake City airport to Park City

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some help about which company to use for a 4 person transfer from SaltLake City Airport to Park City. I have had a look on the airport website and there are so many choices its mind boggling!

As always a personal recommendation is better than website promises so any recommendations or ones to avoid greatly appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I lived in PC for 6 winters and always used All Resort Express when I came & went - always happy with their service.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RDSpearing, When are you going ? Not used any myself as always hire a car, so much easier to access the rest of the ski areas Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
January 2012

Is it worth hiring when the buses are free?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RDSpearing, Depends if you just want to ski Park City/Canyons/ Deer Valley or head away from the tourist spots wink Aslo depends how flexible you want to be. So much to see and do and you are limited without a vehicle Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends on where you're staying in PC and which resorts you want to ski.

By and large the buses are great, but if you're more out towards the I-80, and/or skiing Canyons a lot the buses are less frequent.

But if you're closer to the town centre, and mainly skiing PCMR & DV the buses are great.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Staying at the park city peaks so slightly out of town...........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Buses are still pretty good that close in.

When I meant 'out towards the I-80' I meant near Canyons or Kimball Junction even.

Bones is right that a rental car gives more opportunities, but your hotel location doesn't necessitate one.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hire a car - petrol is so much cheaper in US - and you can go to Snowbird and Alta and maybe Sundance. You need to spoil yourself on holiday! Make sure you have lunch at Stein Erikson Lodge at Deer Valley or at least go in and have a look.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Hire a car - petrol is so much cheaper in US - and you can go to Snowbird and Alta and maybe Sundance

This is true, Sundance is easier to get to than any of the Cottonwoods from Park City area. Imagine one of the lifties telling you they thought there was another British couple there today also Toofy Grin Sundance is quirky and good for at least one days skiing Madeye-Smiley

Depends really how long you are over there for and what you are looking for. Do you like to explore and see some of the surrounding area or have it all on hand and stay in the tourist district ?

BUT since you are going in January, if its after the 19th its going to be really busy - probably at least as busy as Christmas/MLK day and Presidents Day( slopes will probably be quiet though) as its festival time until 29th. Have fun Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going a bit earlier than that fly out on 6th there for 10 days

Was only thinking of the 3 closest resorts, but am open to ideas
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Split it between Park City and Salt Lake City and ski Snowbird and Alta at the minimum.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abc wrote:
Split it between Park City and Salt Lake City and ski Snowbird and Alta at the minimum.

I'd agree with this, but if not Alta/Snowbird I'd split it with somewhere else at least. Sundance is around 30-40 mins drive away, Snowbasin is around an hour, both an easy drive. Any of the Cottonwoods are easy to get to too again around and hour max to get onto snow.Unless conditions are really bad then you would just stay local.

For something different you could spend $300 and ski theInterconnect Tour. you will be surprised how close the resorts actually are Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skilegs wrote:
Hire a car - petrol is so much cheaper in US - and you can go to Snowbird and Alta and maybe Sundance. You need to spoil yourself on holiday! Make sure you have lunch at Stein Erikson Lodge at Deer Valley or at least go in and have a look.

Just a minor downer on that . . . at 3$ a gall and most cars getting fairly crappy fuel consumpt' (automatics and altitude) + factor in that the US roads are populated with selfish, self indulgent, sociopathic (sp?), s**theads . . . unless you're comfortable behind a wheel in strange and dangerous situations, stick to the buses . . .

. . . then there's me . . . 40 tons of barely suppressed rage Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stayed at Park City Peaks last year and had a fab time. The buses were great for the three local resorts and for going to Main Street of an evening if you want to and the bus stop is right in front of the reception door! They do run late on. We are heading back again this (staying again at Park City Peaks) in Feb 12 (with an additional 3 nights in Jackson Hole this time). always hired a car as also had a day at Alta and Snowbasin and doingthe same in March so we can get to a few of the other resorts that are close by.
You will have a fantastic time - i cannot wait! Very Happy
latest report
Sorry one other bonus of getting a car (if, as others have said, you would be happy driving) is you can head in to the downtown shop skinsee (bout 5 mins off the interstate road from the airport) and get great prices on the lift passes. We went here following advice on snowheads http://www.skinsee.com/tickets.html
latest report
RDSpearing,
I think we also used All Resort Express. They were patient when Northworst decided I didn't need all my luggage after all.
We spent a week over Xmas, and didn't feel we needed a car - with 10 days, its probably worth it. We found the ski buses were punctual and organised, but with 10 days, you'll want to check out t'other side of the mountain.

Have you checked out if there are any 'non resident' lift pass deals - I recall the Utah tourist board were offering these when we went, and we saved a significant amount (between 25-33%) off lift pass costs.

It can be fricking cold!!...
enjoy,
h
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy