Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland: Zermatt snow reports

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - had a cracking time in Zermatt last year and would be happy to go back again at the end of March. Think we (group of 3 skiers / 1 boarder) are pretty much set on either Val d'Isere or Zermatt (this is what the consensus seems to be).

Anyone in Zermatt at the moment - what are piste conditions like (have the full lowdown on the Espace Killy from the Tignes forum).

Thanks very much
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had a txt from Cervinia this morning - 10cm of fresh powder snowHead Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Literally just had another txt - in Zermatt now and its 30-40cm of powder.
Starting to feel a tad jealous...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decisions, decisions ... thanks very much
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another update from Zermatt/Cervinia - i can really do without emails like this while I'm at work!!!
What can say about today? Awesome! The pistes at the top 24/29 were like off-piste first thing with up to 30cm of powder on them. We (group of snowboarders) started the day using the Pancheron chair doing some off piste under the chair and off to the right of the black run in knee to waist powder making fresh tracks, drop offs and jumps everywhere. After lunch we switched to the Plateau Rosa cable car and did the off piste under it which started with a 10-15ft drop in into waist deep powder and then fresh tracks all the way down since the long walk out kept many away. As well as perfect weather, to sum it up, the snowboarders today have done seasons in North America and all said it was in the top 5 best run ever!
Weather summary - Sunny clear and powder everywhere, perfect!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Todays update - the off piste from the plateau rosa cablecar is awesome - a 1.5k vertical drop to cervinia in fluffy powder up to thigh level!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountain mad, Stop it now ! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
look - if i have to get txts like this while stuck in uk there's no way i want to suffer on my own!!!
off to buy lottery ticket for tonights euromillions - then i can bug off and join him and not worry about work on monday!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anybody out in Zermatt at moment...considering a sneaky trip next week, but would like to find out how conditions are??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
humble wrote:
Anybody out in Zermatt at moment...considering a sneaky trip next week, but would like to find out how conditions are??

Zermatt is like most everywhere in the Alps right now. More brown that white below 2500m. Their snowdepths are currently about 25% below-average.

But they have managed the pistes well. Atleast 1 trail is still open to the resort. And 95% of the lifts are open.

This webcam shows how thin the snow is even at high altitude above 2500m:

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm considering a last minute dash to Zermatt for the last week in April. Maybe travelling somewhen around 22/23/24th-ish of this month. Ie going there somewhen over the next few days.
- So the question is, are the main lift areas likely to still be open? Is it actually worth going now?
Leaving aside the glacier, does anybody actually know what date the main ski slopes actually close (the official end of the season) ?

Thanks, - if anybody can advise.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone in Zermatt now? Webcams show snow at altitude but would be keen to hear what it's actually like.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was in Zermatt last week - pistes above T.Steg in great condition, looked like they were going to open the piste down to Furgg this weekend too - narrower than normal. Looked like one chair was running up Gornergrat side (bubble or train access). Cervinia was good down to Plan Maison (probably a shade more snow on this side) - again pistes in great nick last week and hardly anyone there. Left yesterday though so no idea whether they are catching any of the current weather.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, Thanks for this. Going there in a few weeks and am keeping fingers crossed that they will get a big dump or two before then.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone out there now?
snow conditions
DCG, I wish there were... heading off in 2 weeks. For now, make the best out of this lot: http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=ch_zermatt
snow conditions
fatmansan, We're there at the moment. Loads of snow and great skiing. Winds have been a problem and have closed many lifts today - which is why I'm on SH rather than the piste. You should have a gfreat time next week.
snow report
I'm hearing via the news that Zermatt has been cut off tonight, as a result of avalanches. Hopefully someone there can provide more detail and really hope everyone is ok up there.
snow report
Snowslide Thursday afternoon cut off Zermatt from the outside world.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Snowslide Thursday afternoon cut off Zermatt from the outside world.

How awful - to be forced to stay longer in your ski resort and be unable to return to work as planned!. Toofy Grin
latest report
aceandy79, In resort at present. Nothing open due to winds and avvy risk. I understand from the local info channel that there was an avvy down the valley just the other side of Randa which has cut both road and rail links. Winds here have been pretty extreme for the last 24 hours see http://www.zermatt.ch/en/page.cfm/service/weather/current_wind
Has snowed most of the week which has provided great powder on-piste.
ski holidays
aceandy79, Link now open. Zermatt no longer cut off. Slopes still closed, awaiting news at 1pm
latest report
DCG, Good Weekend?! How's it shaping up?

Cheers
ski holidays
fatmansan, Now back in UK. Saturday was still windy and high avvy risk so not much open, but enough to fill up the day. Had some great skiing on wonderful snow, but also encountered some slopes where large patches had been blown off leaving very hard surfaces underneath. Don't know about Sunday, but it was snowing when we left resort around 5am. I should think the snow will be great for when you get there and hopefully the winds will have finally eased.
ski holidays
DCG, Cheers for that. Looking like blue skies all week. Leave on Thurs! Cheers
snow report
Looking spectacularly cold next week, and a couple of mild snow top ups over the period. Should be there from the 4th. Hope the temperature picks to to -1, or thereabouts at mid day. Dont want the lunch terraces to be too cold.
snow report
Just back! - Very Very cold -19 to -25 on the top - Had a little powder one night but other than that the snow is in excellent condition. I understand there is some snow due this week and the temperatures will rise a bit which would be nice as two of our party had the start of frost bite! If you going out this week enjoy [pack your warmest kit )and enjoy as the skiing is excellent and quite quiet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy