Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montchavin at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok still researching on where to go this Easter. We have seen a decent price for an apartment in Montchavin. As it is linked to Les Arcs and La Plagne, we thought it would be a good choice for time of year. Just want to confirm from those in the know though that they keep the links open to Montchavin. Ie there is a blue run down when you come off the Vanoise express, will this be open?

Any other pros and cons/advice welcome. 4 adults one child just turning 6 year when there. Adults ski intermediate and wee one can keep up on most runs, maybe not some of the harder French reds.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been to La Plagne and Les Arcs but not that late in the season. I would strongly recommend looking at accommodation on the Les Arcs side. There are some pretty tree lined runs in the Peisey Vallandry area. Les Arcs has some nice cruisey reds and blues. There are plenty of blues in the higher areas of La Plagne but from what I recall the runs above Montchavin and Les Coches are slightly steeper and I wonder what condition they would be in late in the season? They were icy when we went in Feb one year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Assuming you mean the week of 30/3 as this is the main UK Easter holiday week. For that week and the week or two after you would certain expect to be able to ski back to Montchavin and for all the links to be open. There is so much snow out there at the moment that it is difficult to see how it would not. It's a good family resort and as long as you are not after nightlife it's a great base.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

There is so much snow out there at the moment that it is difficult to see how it would not.

Sad Sad Sad Sad o, do be careful...... stranger things have happened. But I have a big family party occupying 7 apartments at 1500m that week, so I hope you're right. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilly28, throughout the season they work hard with piste bashers and snow cannons to build a thick base to ensure passage is retained.

Montchavin is north facing so snow stays well at end of season.

There is a track (green I think) which is out if the bottom of Les Coches or if all else fails you can take the yellow bubble down from Les Coches to Montchavin.

Hope this helps, any other queries then give me a shout.

Where are staying in Montchavin?

Cheers
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w,

In Montchavin Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum, I still must say they are all predominantly north facing wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roche1800, hi looking at 3 Glaciers, quite keen on Montchavin, is it a nice wee village? I posted a similar query on someone else's thread, re the link runs, that you were responding on.( just incase you come across it and think this sounds familiar!!)

It will be our 1st time driving to the alps, so just trying to narrow down resorts a bit.

Ps Pam is referring to 1500 in Les Saises area I'm sure.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gilly28 wrote:
Just want to confirm from those in the know though that they keep the links open to Montchavin. Ie there is a blue run down when you come off the Vanoise express, will this be open?

You'll be fine this year. There is lots of snow and Easter is early.

The run you mention - and the one to Les Coches - are the ones they put every effort into keeping open. I was there late march 2011 and although it was really warm and snow had been OK at best, they kept all the links open when other runs were brown earth.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy