Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Schizo Griffon Review and Thoughts!

Poster: A snowHead
I have now eventually got round to ordering some Marker Schizo Griffon Bindings, new but last seasons! So they are now in the post - whoopee.

Before I actually fit them I just want to hear fellow Snowheads feedback whether it is good or bad. Had a beer or 2 last night and discussed the what we viewed as the pros and cons . . .

Look forward to hearing . . . Puzzled rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got the Schizo Jester on my Redeemers and Directors, good binding, no probs but maybe a tad heavy, useful at times especially if you've only got one ski and like the park!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A mate of mine had some supplied with his obesethed's last season, that attached to pre drilled holes in the skis. When fitting them to the skis, I noticed while getting them out of the box the brakes had been held up with large rubber bands and the back mounting plate had bent because of that, so just straightened it with my hands, no effort, seemed a bit cheap and was not terribly impressed how rigid it was (well its not!) when fitted to the ski.

On the good side they seemed to have held up ok and release at the right time (unlike old markers grrr) but look rather tatty now.

one obvious question.......... why are you asking now when you have purchased them, why not before???
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the_doc, a bit confused with 'if you've only got one ski'!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, Just to confirm your mate has got the GRIFFON Schizo?

Thanks for your question, I did do my research beforehand and someone has told a friend who I saw on Friday night after I had ordered them that they are plasticy and prone to break.

So I am doing some further research and if keep them and fit them, well that's great. But if I think they are not right then I can sell them or return them without having used them, if you see where I'm coming from.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roche1800 wrote:
the_doc, a bit confused with 'if you've only got one ski'!

MONOSKI....its the future.....and worth 100,000 GNAR points!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The heel piece mounting plates on the Jeston/Griffon/Schizo/Squire all suck - waaay to bendy - seen a good few that have pulled out over the screws. If you torque test the binding with a reasonable DIN setting you can see the thing flexing. The forward pressure required on these bindings can't help either. Can't understand why they didn't make it from the same material as the heel plate on the Baron/Duke. Also seen a few busted wires on the Schizos.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, I hear a tweak has been done to assist the wire as I believe there was a slight flaw! Thanks for the advice, let me get them and have a look and see what I think.

What would you advise and why?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
The heel piece mounting plates on the Jeston/Griffon/Schizo/Squire all suck - waaay to bendy - seen a good few that have pulled out over the screws. If you torque test the binding with a reasonable DIN setting you can see the thing flexing. The forward pressure required on these bindings can't help either. Can't understand why they didn't make it from the same material as the heel plate on the Baron/Duke. Also seen a few busted wires on the Schizos.

This. I was stupid enough to buy some in the first year they were sold. Broke them within 10days skiing. When fixing them I could not believe how poo-poo the design was.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So the opinions are not looking any good?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roche1800, i had a pair supplied with my obsethed last season, didnt like the idea of them to start with. with the heal piece only attached with a wire i was a bit concerned that it wouldnt be up to the job. i was right skiing on them for about 2 days, didnt like the feel, not solid enough, felt flimsy and cheap. mounted with dukes now, much better option.

spyderjon, agreed, i had my the griffon schizo, put the din to 10 and when i really flex forward you could see the heel piece moving, couldnt trust them at all.

maybe a good idea but poor design
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well its not exactly looking good for the Schizo!

Has anyone got some good news with them?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roche1800, yes it was the griffon, i would send them back and get something better.....fks....but i am biased
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roche1800, normal griffs last a whole season for my lad, the season before he got through 3 pairs of bindings Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All,

Livetoski thanks for the info, great to hear, wonder how the lad would do on Schizo's - would he wreck 3 pairs?

I have cut and pasted 2 comments on another forum which are below:

1. My husband and I have Schizos, on Flyswatters and S3s, respectively. No issues so far, knock wood. It is fun to be able to move the binding back and forth. The only issue is that they are far less forgiving of any snow on the bottom of your boot, and take quite a bit of force to step in, compared to the Solly Z-12 for instance.

2. (Someone has emailed a query/design fault!) I have not heard of any issues with the Schizo. The warranty on our bindings is 3 years from date of purchase so they would definitely be covered.

But with a 3 year warranty it looks more promising, how that warranty actually works I am unsure at present. So lets say you bust a binding within the warranty period and it is honoured, you dont want to be hanging around for days waiting for the replacement part, hmmm . . .
snow report
Regarding the 3 yr warranty: I would rather have bindings that are much more durable and less likely to break- I hate having to stop skiing because my bindings are broken and the warranty will not help you with this!!!!!! But it depends on how/what you ski. If you ski any park then dont bother with the Schizo - they probably won't last 2 weeks and they weigh a ton.

But having said that I gave them to my dad (after fixing them) and he has had no problems with them-he just skis groomers. On the plus side the bindings didn't need remounting.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy