Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: good off piste close to Geneva late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow Snowheads,

my ski buddy and I are looking to get a 3 day ski trip in about the 2nd / 3rd week of April , as time will be of the essence our criteria is quite narrow ...... this is it :

1 ) Quick Transfer from Geneva

2 ) Good now record

3 ) Plenty of North facing aspects

4 ) Excellent off piste

As it will be quite late in the season we are aware snow levels may be hit and miss , we primarily are looking for a quality packed 3 days of off piste at an affordable cost,

I look forward to ANY advice and guidance,

many thanks

Chris

( Bet someone will come up with Cham ) javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Bet someone will come up with Cham

Bet they will. Grand Montets? Verbier? Can't think of anywhere else, really, though with the right weather conditions you might do quite well at Les Contamines.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh - another thing - I wouldn't decide until just before you go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What do you mean by a quick transfer and why is it important? If you travel late in the day the difference between a very close resort (say 30 minutes to Les Crozet) and a distant resort (say Val d'Isere at 3 hours) is only a bit of bar or bed time. I have met people who regularly work until 5pm Friday, travel to Val d'Isere arriving around midnight, ski all day Saturday and on Sunday morning, have a nice lunch and then travel home and be back at work early on Monday morning.

So, I would suggest that any of the higher French resorts normally accessed via geneva would suit. Just watch the snow reports in the days before you travel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys all valid opinions, Always visit Tignes so know that area extremely well, just had a week in Verbier too however Grand Montets is very appealing ! One of my previous threads Re: Verbier sparked a great debate on : Cham V Verb , having been to both there's something about Chamonix that I get over and above Verbier, although Farinet après knocks Chambre neuf for six !

So..... Power resort a side, what are the hidden gem resorts , you know, small ish piste based but excellent range off piste etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

what are the hidden gem resorts , you know, small ish piste based but excellent range off piste etc

I'm not an off piste skier, but I think both Les Contamines and Areches Beaufort (the latter particularly) would be worth a look. It's not much known by British skiers - if you read French you could read the relevant thread on skipass.com

Snowheads thread with some pictures - http://www.snowheads.co.uk/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47764&view=next
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well Cham- obviously

but what about Flaine? with instruction??

or Zermatt- swiss rail transfer although lengthy and not really what you have asked for very easy and stress free just sit back and read a book

- very high great snow, lots of off piste- perhaps a sneaky heli drop.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK not near Geneva but not near Grenoble- la Grave- excellent snow, high , all off piste, great resort.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
les diablarets- nearest Swiss resort to Geneva fast transfer by train, glacier- never been myself though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ed123, I agree, it's good there, but end of April? Zermatt, Verbier, Cham, Tignes, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Val Thorens, plus anywhere else above 2000m should be ok, IF WE GET MORE SNOW?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisedwardsski, good luck with that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Verbier.. Or if you can't stomach verbier costs, go to nendaz, same mountain, same offpiste, 1 train and 1 bus from geneva but much cheaper.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chamonix
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2nd week in april and good conditions could open up loads of awesome choices or 'hidden gems' as you say - la clusaz north facing stuff around Balme/Torchere can be blinding for a few days, as could the Grand Massif. Courmayer a few mentioned too.

But that all depends on last minute conditions so if you plan to book in advance and be near GVA then chamonix is prob the safest bet...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy