Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

5 Spaces to Val Thorens 9th Dec 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

We are organising a large group trip on 9th Dec to Val Thorens this year, and due to unforseen circumstances 5 people can't make the trip.

I would very much prefer people who are ok with sharing with either another Snowhead or who are in pairs already, as all rooms are twin or double.

We do have a room share with a single female, so if you are a friendly single female then please get in touch. And get in touch about the ski trip too.

Details:

Chalet is in the Balcons Complex, with swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and nice pub opposite.
Includes flights from Gatwick to Grenoble, transfers to and from resort
Includes breakfast with cooked option each day, afternoon tea and 3 course dinner with unlimited wine
Does not include lift pass, however at this stage of the season a Val Thorens pass is approx 150 euros
Trip and all parts of it are organised through large UK Tour Operator

All this for £325 per person. Your only other cost will be a bit of lunch, ski pass and a few beers in the evening. This deal is basically unbeatable - I've negotiated extremely hard on behalf of those on the trip, and visited the chalet personally in April and it is clean, comfortable, and close to town and on the piste. Have a google for Les Balcons and you'll see.

We are a group of 28 people, so there will be someone who is at your level, we have everyone from first week on snow right through to some very experienced skiiers on the trip, but everyone likes to meet up for lunch where we can, and have a beer together in the chalet or at a local pub. We tend to ski in groups of 2 to 5 or 6, so you will have someone to ski with if you are booking solo. There may also be ski guiding available through the TO.

Please note we are not a group that is interested in going out until 4am and being found covered in vomit in the hall. We welcome anyone into the group, and many members of this group haven't met each other before - these trips started as a group of 10 a few years ago and have expanded to include lots of friends and family since then. The group includes people aged 25 to 60, some couples some singles.

You are welcome to drive or organise your own travel to VT, but there will be no discount for doing this because the flights are already booked.

Please post or PM for further info or if you want a space. Note that spaces are advertised elsewhere so please be quick if you want to come along.

Previous trip reports:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1674014
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=58887

Thanks,

The Moniums.

Ts & Cs: in order to join one of my trips you must be able to show me a copy of your travel insurance which covers winter sports for the activities you are planning, and payment is due to the travel agent on booking. If you book on to the trip and subsequently can't make it, you are responsible for the full cost of your place unless you can find a suitable replacement. You are also bound by the travel agent and TOs conditions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long is this trip for?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shame. Week to early.

Any idea on cost the following week, or where I can find details?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davs wrote:
How long is this trip for?

7 days - Friday to Friday due to Xmas and New Year dates this year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_m wrote:
Shame. Week to early.

Any idea on cost the following week, or where I can find details?

If you've got 27 mates that want to go on the trip, you'd probably get a similar price. It has all been organised with a TO through travel agent, but I would imagine the week after could be an expensive week because of Xmas etc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Monium

This sounds a pretty tempting offer.. I'm a solo female boarder happy to share a room. I note you only say 'ski' in your message but surely a group that size must have a couple of boarders?

Chrys
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kelse wrote:
Hi Monium

This sounds a pretty tempting offer.. I'm a solo female boarder happy to share a room. I note you only say 'ski' in your message but surely a group that size must have a couple of boarders?

Chrys

Hi Chrys,

Yes, we accept boarders, and we do have at least a couple in the group. That said, most of the group are skiiers. I'll ping you a PM to discuss, we currently have a room with a single female in it so it would work with places currently available.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Several snowheads are now on the trip, we have another male snowhead looking for another to share a twin room - anyone?

Get in touch if you need any more info. With 28 people on the trip you will find plenty of others to ski/board with of similar ability and interests. And I'd like it full this week so I can get on with redecorating the house and removing more of the massive shrubs the previous occupants failed to maintain for several years...

Ski carriage can be added if you need it, cost is £35 return.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pity it isn't a week later when the once in every 5 years major procurement at work will be done and dusted!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Monium,
hi there is there still spaces on this trip
cheers Daz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wedition, yes, we have two spaces on the trip sharing a twin room. If you are interested in one or both spaces let me know - we do however have a couple who are coming back to us tomorrow, I have agreed first refusal on the spaces with them until tomorrow night because they potentially want both spaces and need to check holidays with work etc.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do you still have spaces?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brokenwing, yes, two spaces right now, doesn't look like the two who were coming back to me can get out of work obligations.

PM if you need any other info.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monium wrote:
Brokenwing, yes, two spaces right now, doesn't look like the two who were coming back to me can get out of work obligations.

PM if you need any other info.

Monium you have PM
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One space left sharing twin room with a bloke, please get in touch if you want it.

Did I mention the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna that we have free access to in the building, and the rather good pub over the road?
snow conditions
Monium, what time do you leave on the 09th. Very tempted but need to sort work out.
latest report
Monium, do you still have a spot open for a solo male skier?

Thanks,

Chris
snow conditions
ChrisKitchen, trip is now full, but I'll be in touch if anyone drops out, you never know.
snow report
Hey Monium,

If you find yourself short a female let me know please! I've just realised I have to use 13 holiday days between now and Dec 31st, while my fiance only has 5 days left....Now hunting some early season solo skiing Smile

aj xx
snow report
a.j., you're in luck: check out the PSB Wink
snow conditions
I know - but I can't make PSB dates - am due to be on a sunshine holiday at that point Smile I'll make a trip one day snowHead

aj xx
snow report
a.j. wrote:
I know - but I can't make PSB dates - am due to be on a sunshine holiday at that point Smile I'll make a trip one day snowHead

aj xx
Hi Im new to this, have you still got room for a solo skier, for the week in december 2011.
snow report
ivan, sorry but we don't, all spaces now taken and balances paid. Suggest you have a look at the PSB, should be a really good week with some other Snowheads. Follow the PSB link for more info.
ski holidays
OK thanks, shame.
snow report
Update - one space has come up on this trip. Please PM me if interested. Probably needs to be a bloke, because you'll be sharing with another bloke.

We have had a preference expressed by the girls for a 30-something single male with a good sense of humour and their own teeth. Any or all of those things are negotiable depending on how much free wine they get through.
latest report
Monium, Hey, I was just about to book a single room in Val Thorens for the same week, so if you do have any availability for a single female then please let me know. Thanks, Wendy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy