Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross Country and Biathlon New Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone else here into Cross Country or Biathlon?
The new seasons have started and even through there is a lack of snow the races has started.
Its a great way to get fit and is also great fun. Very Happy

www.skipat.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pat, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Looks like awfully hard work wink Have to admit that I do watch snowsports on TV, but almost entirely for the scenery - so if you'd like to ski in front of some pretty scenery I'll cheer you on snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Is anyone else here into Cross Country or Biathlon

Yes, I'll be racing in Ruhpolding in January (if I ever get a reply to any of my emails about accomodation Mad )
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How did you get on ? I didn't see you on the telly at the weekend. I see Ole Einar back to his best. Couldn't believe the huge margin he won by in the sprint
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That was two years ago at the british champs. Was last in the 10km skate, but it was the first time I'd skated on snow, previously I'd only skated on rollers. Our scratch team in the relay was either last or next to last, but my skate leg wasn't the slowest. In the 15km classic I wasn't last Very Happy near the back, but not last.

A lot of our club (junior) skiers will be racing at EYO, world juniors and the senior world champs over the next month or so, and we do have two skiers qualified to ski on world cups. We also have one skier (Olwen Thorn) skiing with the British Biathlon Squad, but she has only been doing biatlon for a year so is still only skiing on the Europa Cup circuit.

I'm afraid my standard of skiing is way below the level of even our youngest juniors. I'm pleased if I can get within 50% of the leaders time in roller ski races and I'm slower on snow as I have less practice on snow compared to rollers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We just progressed to skating this year (from classic). I've probably only done 3 or 4 weeks ever xc. I have to say that my wife was far more proficient than I was. Nevermind, might manage to squeeze some more xc in next year and persevere a bit more We' re more alpine skiers but I love going to places and getting away from it all. Would recommend Mazama in Washington state if you fancy a lovely place to do xc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I find skating on snow hard compared to skating on rollers, or even skating on my tele skis. However I'm usually trying to skate on unprepared tracks in scotland, usually not on my skate (race) skis, but on my all purpose track skis I use when conditions are dodgy. The few times I've skated on decent prepared tracks its been easier.
I'm afraid most of my xc is done in the clash near Huntly so snow conditions are rarely good and I tend to classic rather than skate. I've done two xc holidays to Norway, but that was before I started doing xc seriously and racing and training on rollers during the summer, so I just classiced on the beautifuly prepared Norwegian pistes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does it count if I like watching cross country competition? Here's one of my favorites http://www.olympic.org/cross-country-skiing I got to see it live!
Anyhow, Cross country is way harder that regular skiing and since I'm not a pro, I prefer watching it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Starting again this weekend - comment about the snow in 2006 is the same this year, coverage will be on Eurosport and there will be one British starter in Andrew Musgrave.

XCs not that hard - trained with the club juniors last night, team sprints on the classic mat again, I only a ache a little today wink . Still no sign of snow here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a severe lack of snow in Norway so far this season - the World Cup opener in Cross-country was scheduled for Beitostølen and has had to be moved to Sjusjøen due to the (relatively) warm weather and lack of snow. Sjusjøen has better facilities for snow-making and has been slightly colder. The picture here shows just what they have achieved in order to hold a World Cup for the first time.

I hope Andrew Musgrave is racing - I haven't seen a start list yet. In his age group, he is currently ranked number 6 in the World in Sprint and 11 in Distance - a phenomenal placing for a Brit, in such a competitive sport. He is still relatively young and it will be interesting to see if he can make the big time. I will be glued to Eurosport on Saturday morning.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He was and finished 74th, but only 2:55 behind the winner with a FIS score of 63.3, which is pretty good. From watching it on Eurosport it looks as if he went out fast as he was in the top 30 (24th) at the 2.9km split, but slowed toward the end. Some of his positions at the splits were:

2.9km 3.75km 4km 6.7km 11.25km
24th 31st 35th 55th 70th

so he started well and faded towards the end, Mussy may need to have a look at his pacing next time.

His best results may be in the sprints as he has a 31st from Drammen last year and a 26th from the World champs in Oslo.

We also have some promising juniors coming up aswell as the likes of Andrew Young, Alex Standen and Callum Smith.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great biathlon last weekend. Some of the most thrilling racing I've seen for a long time. What happened to the German women relay team ? I expected them to walk it.

Incidentally anyone here been to Antholz ? I fancied going this season, so I signed up for email alerts from the venue and when I got the email saying booking had opened thought "I must get around to doing that" but the tickets for the stadium sold out in a week ! Always seems to have an amazing atmosphere
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy