Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MCL tear strain?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I completed the Welsh 3000's walk this week, but finished in some pain on the lower left side of my right knee. The following day there was swelling, which has now abated after application of several ice packs. However, I cannot bend my right knee without a stabbing pain around the medial collateral ligament. I have put on a knee support and continue to apply ice. Walking on the flat is not painful, but going up and down stairs causes discomfort.

What do you think, continue self treatment or join the minor injuries clinic queue Monday morning??

The walk was thirty miles from drop off point to pick up point, 15 3000 ft Welsh mountains in 3 sections, which was where the main height gain took place The pain came on gradually, not suddenly at any one point.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking at causes, it could be knee tendonitis, which may fit, should probably get it checked out me thinks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tendonitis sounds most likely - if it came on gradually and there wasn't a sudden valgus (inward/medial) movement of the knee, chances are MCL is ok. Try a tight strap just below the pattella if you're still having symptoms, most sport shops sell them. May help relieve the symptoms. Chances are a minor injury clinic will give you tubigrip and tell you to ice. No disrespect whatsoever to them, but sports injuries aren't their forte, so go to the GP for a physio referral (by which time the pain will probably have gone, but ho hum.

Could be wrong, just my HO Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joe1890, Thanks for the response and more apologies for being prompted to do so by a piece of random spam. It was tendonitis i presume and albeit agonisingly painful(not as bad as manflu, but nearly) it had gone in a couple of weeks. I am back up and running, which proves that one should be patient sometimes before offering oneself up for the surgeons knife as advocated by the previous spammer Jeniffer, ,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy