Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hintertux - Again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking good for this weekend.

I'm thinking about heading out on Sunday/Monday with my son.

Previously I've stayed in Mayrhofen but with several drivers we could take turns driving and the rest of us could enjoy the après in the tavern.

This time I'll be the only driver so thinking just of billeting in Tux.

Any recommendations?

And do we all agree that if they do get the forecasted 60cm it will be worth it? Any chance they could open up to the second station - or is the naively optomistic?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fifespud, If you want B&B, this place is nice http://www.willeiter.at/e_index.htm It's in Hintertux village, not next to the gondola. The free shuttle bus stops outside and it's about 10 minutes to walk back, if you stay in the apres ski bar for too long.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fifespud, depends on your budget but might get a good deal this time of year out of the Rindererhof, Vier Jahreseiten (if open) or Hintertuxerhof (and their gasthof next door) - all easy walk from the Hohenhaus Tenne. Neu Hintertux best positioned but normally pricey.

If you want cheap then try the Jorgler (in the village) or the Bad Hotel Kirchler owns some niceish apartments called the Sonne Apartments.

A major result if they open up to the Sommerbergalm but unlikely I reckon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fifespud,
Quote:
Looking good for this weekend
Um, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but the weather this weekend is scheduled to be as bad as bad can be. Wind, storm, and a shite load of snow. Just sayin...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steilhang, well, if he's going out sunday/monday that means first day skiing monday/tuesday - will he hit it just right?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steilhang wrote:
Fifespud,
Quote:
Looking good for this weekend
Um, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but the weather this weekend is scheduled to be as bad as bad can be. Wind, storm, and a shite load of snow. Just sayin...

That sounds good to me! Any idea what state the Stubai is in? I'll be out in Innsbruck on the 20th.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't hold your breath this weekend! The weather is supposed to be clagged in until Tuesday at the earaliest. some nasty Ex-storm called Ophelia is throwing a tantrum over our mountains. I doubt if there will be any cable cars running due to high winds for a few days.

now NEXT weekend could be a cracker though wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flight booked for Tuesday and it looks like they opened down to the middle station this afternoon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got booked in to the Garni Jakober in Tux. A good compromise IMO.

When I said looking good for this weekend I meant in terms of snowfall. I dont particularly enjoy skiing in a blizzard!

I reckon first day skiing on Wednesday will hopefully be about right.

Thanks for the tips guys/gals.

The uplift closing is the fear, I've been caught that way in Hintertux in the past. Nothing worse than looking up at all that snow, particularly if it's not that windy at the station, although to be fair it is usually blowing a hooly right up the valley.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Make sure you take lots of pics and post a report back here!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy