Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for something a little Special in Austria...

Poster: A snowHead
We are putting a few plans in place for an up coming big 0 birthday in 2015. We like to stick to gentle blues. So far all our skiing has been done in Lofer and Waidiring. We stay SC in Lofer and I think we would like to continue with SC. Don't want too much night life, but maybe a bit more than Lofer. Just the two of us. Will probably go end of January before all the mid term madness commences.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never been able to afford it - but for something special in Austria I think I'd go for Lech. And treat myself to some private lessons. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We love to Ski Blue and the occasional red, St Anton is good and nice to walk around in the evening.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2waterford, For something special I would stay for one night in one of these places http://www.wedelhuette.at/en/home.html http://www.kristallhuette.at/ http://www.platzlalm.at/en/homepage/index.html and the rest of the holiday I'd stay down in the valley, somewhere more within my budget!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2waterford, special in what way? Doesn't usually seem to go with SC - do you mean a bit of luxury, spa etc, or just bigger mountains..?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Doesn't usually seem to go with SC

why ever not? I'm sure there are some very nice pads in Lech, from which one could saunter forth to a different restaurant every night. Who wants to be forced to eat in the same place every night?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, There probably are, SC usually seems to go with budget though. For a start no-one to come and tidy up your room whilst you're out skiing Laughing No-one to prepare tea/coffee/breakfast in the morning... This is assuming special = luxury though, which is why I asked above.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's unfortunate that in ski-holiday talk the terminology is so limited. If somebody said they were going to rent a villa on Lake Como for a summer holiday that could well sound like something special. I would always go for renting an apartment, even if I had a very fancy budget - loads more space and privacy, and ultimate choice about where, and when, to eat.

In fact if I was looking for "something special" in a ski holiday I think I'd go to Italy. The Dolomites knock most French and Austrian scenery into a cocked hat. And the coffee's better and cheaper. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This place is pretty cool. Not sure I would want to spend all week up there, however for a special occasion it has a lot going for it
http://www.xn--schneekarhtte-5ob.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can do luxury with SC also. Maybe an appartment attached to hotel/complex that has a pool, satelite tv. Nice resort with a choice of a few restaurants.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about Wagrain in the Ski Amade? That should fit this bill.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Take a look at Chalet Panorama in Maria Alm. It is rather luxurious and the ski area reminds me of the Dolomites. Lovely skiing as well. Freddie Paellahead stayed there a couple of seasons ago.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, you have just ticked all the boxes. Thank you so much.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kersh wrote:
What about Wagrain in the Ski Amade? That should fit this bill.

I skied in Wagrain earlier this year and I don't believe it is ideal for some one looking for gentle blue runs. Yes there are a few but even one of them involves steepish reds to get to it. Most of the runs are red runs and I would say that most are proper reds which may have the occasional gentler pitch to them. However I will say that Wagrain/Flachau would be the ideal place for people who want to start progressing from gentler slopes to more steeper ones. Also the resort really does have a lot going for it such as food/drink prices, superb lift system, easy access from Salzburg etc.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I went to St Anton a couple of years back, it was truly amazing!

I would definitely recommend checking it out, just give the place a quick google search there's a good company right at the top who we booked through..

Have a look Very Happy

SK
snow report
I went to St Anton a couple of years back, it was truly amazing!

I would definitely recommend checking it out, just give the place a quick google search there's a good company right at the top who we booked through..

Have a look Very Happy

SK
snow report
Quote:

why ever not? I'm sure there are some very nice pads in Lech, from which one could saunter forth to a different restaurant every night. Who wants to be forced to eat in the same place every night?

There are very few SC apartments in Lech itself. But it is a wonderful resort. Not many blue runs though.
snow conditions
jimmybog, i've not been to Wagrain but heard was ok for folk who like to cruise blues. I'll take your word for it though, cheers.
snow conditions
If you have not yet found the link for Chalet Panorama here it is - problems solved! wink

http://www.chalet-panorama.com/

I found out last season that it is owned by an old friend of mine from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the 1970s! But I've not met up with him there, I've been told he comes out more in summer these days to play golf! rolling eyes
latest report
Samerberg Sue, thank you, as we say over here it is a small world. I have previously mentioned our liking for blues and we ski in Lofer and Waidring. Just wondering if we will find similar skiing in Maria Alm. How does the village compare in size to Lofer.
snow conditions
2waterford, probably the same size but there is way more skiing with loads of long cruisey blue and bluey/red runs.
ski holidays
2waterford, go to Lech, loads of cruisy blues. Google Hotel Cresta in Oberlech, best wellness I've ever seen, I believe they have appartments.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy