Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hemel

Poster: A snowHead
hemel is open at 8am on a wednesday morning now good time to go if you can make it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
figg4, Is wednesday not ladies morning?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spiky1013, yes but they dont start till 10am
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So what happens if you buy a days pass for a Wednesday and you're not a lady? Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fake boobs and dresses are available to hire from the shop...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Feast wrote:
So what happens if you buy a days pass for a Wednesday and you're not a lady? Shocked
Nothing. It's not exclusively for women on a Wednesday morning. Anyone can ski at the same time as the Ladies Morning classes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cool. thanks Robert. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The website still says 10am. 8.00am at the weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowballi know it does but its 8am wednesday i have been for the last two wednesdays so i know its on ,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was there last week and it was great the snow was in good condition. But rumor has it that if not enough people turn up they will stop it. Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was there last week and it was great the snow was in good condition. Are they going to keep it up Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aski, ]aski[/b], yes the snow was great on Wednesday thanks for the lesson, its a good time to do it first thing have to do it again at this time, let me know when your free for another lesson really learnt a lot.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks I'm glad you had a good time ill email you dates early next week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just bought a day pass for Hemel. It says 10-5. Is it valid from 0800?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
aski, cheers need to get ready for our training week in kuhtia with you
ski holidays
Feast, there is not going to be many there to ski at 8am so you would be unlucky if they didnt let you go out
snow conditions
aski wrote:
rumor has it that if not enough people turn up they will stop it. Puzzled

Well surely they would at least have to put it on the website if they want people to come.

I went a week or so ago at 10.00 on a weekday and it was good - that is to say fresh snow and fairly empty (only one of the main lifts going).
snow conditions
Update: I just got an email from Hemel advertising the 8.00am opening
ski holidays
Thanks Snowball Very Happy
snow report
aski, send me your email i seem to have lost it
snow report
aski, cheers
ski holidays
come on have you not worked out communications from hemel are at best poor.
The trial was to open hemel at 8am on Wednesdays to see if it was viable, there were less than 10 people there last week, which was great skiing wise but since all the lights were on, the lift running and a few staff about and the fact that off peak is being offered at 2 hours for the price of one couldnt break even.

The email said just september but the desk person thought it was carrying on, but noone really knew. But then do you believe someone who takes 25 mins just to give you a lift pass (surely it cant be that hard).

I have seen a lot of the inside of hemel lately, i just cant wait to the end of october and my month on the snow

ann
snow conditions
Anyone know of any cheap deals on Hemel for weekends? Planning a few hours there with a group on Sat or Sun afternoon in late Oct or Nov.

The tough thing about 8am for me is that it isn't early enough to get the people who drop in for an hour before work, and if I've taken the morning off I'll be spending it asleep thanks. Now if it was 7am, that would be exciting and I'd go there for an hour before leaving for work.
latest report
ajl338, it seems they do it via the online system, I don't know if you've tried finding what you want on that but 25 minutes is fast!
ski holidays
ajl338 wrote:
come on have you not worked out communications from hemel are at best poor.

That may be the understatement of the week!

Monium I haven't heard of any cheap deals running now (the centre was getting pretty packed last weekend). However they are very, very bad at communicating useful information.

and (because I feel I have to...)
If you're planning to come up at a weekend you might want to join (or avoid) other snowHead's. Check the Hemel Fridge thread.
ski holidays
Is it possible to pay for a recreational lift pass on the day at Hemel?
latest report
Feast, absolutely. If you're going when it's quiet not a problem. If not then it's probably quicker and easier to do it online before you go.
latest report
JustJill, thank you very much.

That's the sort of information I would like to be able to obtain from the Snow Centre website.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there not doing the 8am now .last week was the last one
snow conditions
figg4, cheers for keeping us in the loop.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy