Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of the 2019 Winter Season

Poster: A snowHead
Last week of piste skiing before the summer in France.
No doubt the Americans, Nordics will continue a few more weeks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 29-04-19 10:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m off to Austria on Sunday for nearly 3 weeks and then EOSB to finish in style.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stay in Wengen until end of April. Everything crossed, but it’s looking good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last day today
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, Shame I missed you. Maybe next year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@geepee, deffo
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 weeks is a long time for the 1-week skiers!

It’s 8 weeks of skiing for those who can. That’s plenty of skiing for most.

We can talk about end game in 8 weeks time?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well our season finishes the last week in March, no more bookings for the chalet after that. Enables us to drive home before any possible Brexit chaos, and a month to prepare for a big Spring/ Summer cycling trip across Europe.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
off to france today
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2 weeks to look forward to for me - SFaB2019 (PreEoSB) & EoSB2019. Have done rather well this season as these will be my 5th & 6th weeks on snow.

Happy birthday @holidayloverxx!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HossDoc, ta x

That's me done ...roll on 2019-20
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
End game!!? Looks like the season in Scotland is just about to start!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back in Serre Che after ten days in Colorado, which was indeed a good move, not only missing the high season hordes but missing the warm spell that nuked all the snow back here, and at the same time scoring the Champagne Powder* and hopefully, we'll get fresh snow this coming week.

Have two good Viking friends who are doing three weeks in La Grave so will be hooking up with them at various points, and maybe some road trips.

And then have two friends back in UK who are on standby to come out for touring around the 22nd but we'll make a decision after this coming week to see what the snowpack is like.

And then other friends coming out April 13-20th but they will also be bringing bikes, so that could be ski touring in the morning and cycling in the afternoon!

In between, I just hope we get to do more touring that last season.

Then as we're not too sure about Brexit and the dogs**, we're not coming back at the end of the season, but mid May we're off on a road trip down to Tarifa in Southern Spain where we'll stay for a month, and said mates coming out will be bringing my kitesurf gear.

*Steamboat have trade marked Champagne Powder

** If no deal rumours are that dogs will have to have a blood test and anything from six weeks for results etc
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done for this year I’m afraid. Long weekend in Morzine in Jan and week in La Plagne at half term. Need to make do with Hemel till next year. Wising next season come round is like wishing your life away. #lovethesnow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ankle surgery next week to remove some metalwork but surgeon says I should be OK for some Easter skiing so will see how I feel and what is on offer in a month or so.
snow report
Long weekend on the stubai glacier in May, no chance to take any time off before then!
ski holidays
Off to La CLusaz on the 24th. Looks like quite a bit of snow forecast next week and temps are due to plummet.
latest report
Off to Norway April 6th. Then that's it til Xmas and another Norway trip
latest report
Reckon I'll manage something similar to the last 2 seasons, 75 to 80 days, 50 so far, but less than the 100 3 winters ago. Looks pretty bad weather for the next week but hoping to head over to Sestriere the weekend after. A couple of days in La Grave in mid April and the rest of the time here, Alpe d'Huez, Serre Chevalier. Just see what happens. Less snow but more sun than last year but more snow than the 2 or 3 before. Started on 2nd November in Verbier (we didnt open again at Toussaint), we close on 27th April, who knows after that Very Happy
ski holidays
1 week in Jan in the 3V.

Booked two last minutes for March. 1 week in La Rosiere and 1 week in Saalbach. Bring it on!
latest report
Saturday away for 10 days. Sweden. Then it's the long wait for summer to be over.
snow report
Soon off to Corvara for a week and that's it. Only three weeks this season.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Soon off to Corvara for a week and that's it. Only three weeks this season.

Where's that?
snow conditions
thecramps wrote:
Saturday away for 10 days. Sweden. Then it's the long wait for summer to be over.

What are you doing in Sweden?
ski holidays
@davidof, Skiing. Sorry. Should have said. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@davidof, Alta Badia, Dolomites.
ski holidays
@davidof, How about you?
ski holidays
@Hurtle, we drove by yesterday, all looking beautiful.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davidof, sat here in the monsoon in Chamonix, this is helping me connect with some positive waves.

As usual my accommodation is available until early May. However, the last couple of seasons was so hot from mid April that the high touring and ski mountaineering was too dangerous when weighed against the poor downhill rewards. Partners therefore disappeared too.

But this season will be different! The touring and mountaineering season will be grand and my monstrously fit UN WHO chum is available for a whole month from late March. So all being well the uplift won't matter too much and many summits will be scaled and memorable runs down completed. Because I am 60 I will then need to go to bed for the rest of May to recover.
ski holidays
Off to Paradise ski next week for a week, depending on conditions may go for another week in April ...
ski holidays
@Weathercam, Our dog has had blood test and has certificate AND stamp in her passport AND letter from vet - All angles covered - unless the EU get really shitty when we leave with no deal...
snow report
Pamski wrote:
@Hurtle, we drove by yesterday, all looking beautiful.
Very Happy
snow conditions
thecramps wrote:

I thought it was flat?
snow report
HammondR wrote:
@davidof, sat here in the monsoon in Chamonix, this is helping me connect with some positive waves.

As usual my accommodation is available until early May. However, the last couple of seasons was so hot from mid April that the high touring and ski mountaineering was too dangerous when weighed against the poor downhill rewards. Partners therefore disappeared too

Yes we had a monsoon yesterday up on the hill, well it varied from sleet to heavy rain up to 1600 meters (top of our piste). Tot was doing his traditional end of season fleche and chamois

http://youtube.com/v/xsgQ8Ra5iGE

the opener didn't have too many problems but the snow was like glue with all the water in it, not so easy for lighter skiers. I've got another 3 weeks or so of my Saturday ski course to finish. Snow permitting.

I'm hoping there are going to be better touring conditions this spring. After the foehn last week things are looking a bit meagre lower down now. It would be nice to get some snow this week.
ski holidays
@davidof, Tiger Dad! And he's no tot any more. Looking good.
Saturday ski course? Do you teach? I assume your own skiing is pretty good by now! Toofy Grin
latest report
Off to Nendaz first week of April, EOSB later, if there is snow in the Highlands maybe the odd day at Nevis or Glencoe.
snow conditions
Heading off for third trip on April 8th. Have a photo of us skiing with the girls in a whiteout on April 9th 2013. There was so much falling that it took 4 adults to keep two 7 yr olds moving, two to cut a path and the other two to help slingshot. Would post but have no clue how to insert photos!
latest report
Nada Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Had to stay away from skiing this winter in order to do my house up.

Will be back next year I'm sure Smile
latest report
davidof wrote:
thecramps wrote:

I thought it was flat?

Then you must be American?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:

Saturday ski course? Do you teach? I assume your own skiing is pretty good by now! Toofy Grin

I'm what could be called an "all mountain skier" but when I look at the videos the Basi guys post it is another level of precision. To be honest I'm a long way from understanding all the technical aspects and terminology so I'm not sure I could explain to much to others. I'd be more in the "suivez-moi" school of ski tuition Happy, If I were to do it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy