Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OBERGURGL, HIGH TEMPERATURE?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Obergurgl on Sunday for a week en famille and I've just checked the resort website - predicting +9°C temperature that day in resort, with a minimum of 0°C at night.

Never been to Obergurgl before, chose it for snow sureness, obviously there will be snow (because of the glaciers) but has anyone skied there in these kind of temperatures, and is it likely to be horrible and slushy??

I know 9°C is a recipe for slush, but early Feb, highish altitude... I can't quite believe it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i know someone who prefers slush to powder
a bit weird for Feb but better than refrozen crud which many places have been suffering for the last week or so
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northernsoulboy, there is no glacier at Obergurgl, you have to travel to Sölden (Tiefenbach and Rettenbach glaciers!) should life be so bad.

We have a momentary blimp of higher temperatures forecast, but it should not make a big difference to the snow cover. As we are currently under 0°C and have been since last week, anything with a + in front of it, seems to be a welcome change (as long as it is not double figures! wink)

Try looking at http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/obergurgl-hochgurgl for a better prediction.

As the temperatures at night are below 0°C, they are able to blow more than enough snow to compensate for the little that will melt off during the short period of the day that it may reach a higher temperature. According to that web site Obergurgl/Hochgurgl are looking at temperatures no higher than +3°C which is balanced out by a night time lowest of -6°C! And the trend is to go back down next week! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Sue. Yep, I know about Solden, we've got joint passes arranged.
The actual resort website does say 9°C for Sunday but I'm heartened by the alternative one you sent me to. (If you can send me to one which says -9°C I'll be even happier!)
Is the skiing good there this year?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slush is fun, but yeah, this season's been a bit weird temperature wise... Mountain weather has a tendency to defy expectations...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
northernsoulboy, you ain't going to change it by worrying about it! It's a great resort with some lovely skiing, get a tan and enjoy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I dont know a lot about forecasts but we were regular visitors to Obergurgl ten years running and in all that time we never encountered anything other than plenty of snow. I am sure you will too northernsoulboy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy